POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

One thing I do find interesting is how quickly and easily everyone attributes race/racism to the motivation behind these sorts of things.

The murder of George Floyd was ALLLLLL about race and racism, but it wasn’t brought up at all in the trial. Same thing with Rittenhouse, and same thing with this case. Of the 3, this one seems to be the most likely to be racially motivated, but this widely accepted assumption that all of these cases are about race (and that the people on trial are racists) is not backed up by the facts and is not good for the country.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think pretending like George Floyd's death or the events in Kenosha had nothing to do with race is exactly why things have gotten to the point of unrest and is terrible for this country. The facts are wildly in favor of race being a factor, and can only be interpreted otherwise through a myopic or child-like view divorced from any context.

3. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

What facts point to race being a factor in George Floyd's murder?

Aside from the fact that Rittenhouse's situation took place at a protest/riot resulting from a black man being shot (a shoot for which the officers were ultimately not charged), how are the facts wildly in favor of race being a factor?

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Has Joe Biden visited any of the people who are in the hospital as a result of that dude driving his vehicle through a [uck fay]ing parade?

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If you're out for a jog, and someone draws a gun on you... and you grab it... you, the grabber, the unarmed, has the claim to self defense, not the person that pulled it on you.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hahahahaha

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The prosecutor in the Arbery case was masterful. She dismantled their defense case like a cat playing with a mouse.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

So true.

TennTradition, VolDad, Indy and 2 others like this.
  9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Kevin McCarthy starting to see what happens when you let the fringe go unchecked

10. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Good Lord, Boebert has gone off the reservation, more so than I ever believed she might. She's also the stupidest person I've ever seen in Congress, no small accomplishment.

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s hard to beat Go Gata lady, ideologies aside

Last edited: Dec 1, 2021
    NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. Unimane

It's a high bar (or low?), but Corrine Brown did manage to graduate high school, even college, too. Being a Gators fan does give you extra stupid points, though.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Graduating college is a sort of nebulous achievement in itself. I think I could get a grey parrot an accredited college degree. It wouldn't be easy, but I think it is possible and have some strategies now that remote learning is mainstream.

14. Unimane

True, but graduating high school these days merely means you are one step beyond not having died as a teenager and Boebert couldn't even pull that off.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I could get Boebert an undergraduate and master's degree, if she worked at it full time. Attendance and participation are probably 50% of college or more. Her ability to present and speak easily puts her in range of applying supplied materials and subject matters into 10 minute powerpoints and shallow essays. Honestly, She'd be a solid B student in non-STEM areas if she has any memorization/recall ability at all.

It brings me no pleasure to report this. College ain't that special.

zehr27 and justingroves like this.
  16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He is afraid of them.

emainvol likes this.
  17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

That is quite an accomplishment in a Congress that includes Greene.

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Yeah generic college is surprisingly easy for any halfway decent person. All my general courses were largely showing up and not being a complete moron.

19. Unimane

I think Greene is more crazy than stupid. I don't think she's a Mensa member or anything, but there are some semblance of ideas there.

Just [uck fay]ing crazy ones.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yes. People who struggle at the general course are missing classes or not paying attention at all.