So If I was Huepel

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by tn_longrifles, Nov 21, 2021.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I’ve just observed a completely different Lane from afar since the tarmac debacle at SC. Players and recruits love him. His villainous tendencies plays perfectly with our fanbase. I think he’s evolving into a star, but I’m also probably being irrationally emotional here. I’ll never get over thinking about what could have been had he stayed.

2. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

People are waking up to this bullshit.

tvolsfan and justingroves like this.
  3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Kingsbury is definitely going to leave a SuperBowl Contender led by an upcoming SuperStar QB with two years left on his rookie contract for a pressure cooker like OU. Would be very smart of him imo

tvolsfan, A-Smith and NorrisAlan like this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

JH has character. He's not going anywhere. Kiffin is a character. Yeah he's good and we could do well but you assume winning within 4 years means he won't ditch again. It's 50/50 and too much of a risk for the program and embarrassment level

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

A-Smith likes this.
  7. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Got to admit, I am laughing about Mark Stoops to OU. They like offense there. If I see Heupel to OU rumors, I am laughing. I just don’t see it it happening. As long as Kiffin doesn’t go to UF, I’m good

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Florida is off the board now.

9. TDVol1989

What did I miss? Drove all day. I will look it up

10. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

They got Napier

11. TDVol1989

That’s awesome. Best case scenario

12. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

The current recruiting class would not suggest that recruits are digging the Lane Train. His class is currently worse than ours per 247. And he doesn’t have the NCAA up his program’s ass like UT does.

in fact, I’ve read stories from several HS coaches in MS that he’s been kind of lazy on the trail.

13. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Eh I’m not so sure. He will improve their recruiting dramatically. I wouldn’t bet on UT recruiting at the same level barring one helluva season next year. I’ll wait to see on the staff he puts together but if he knocks it out of the park they will be a problem.

14. TDVol1989

So we suspend our football program??? No offense, but UF went Sunbelt. I’ll take my chances. This isn’t a knock on Napier, but dodging the Lane Train is a huge win. Until I see something different, I will ride with Heupel. He’s got a good vibe, showed a knack for hiring well and I haven’t heard squat about some incident at The Woodlands

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

I think Napier is a great hire.

16. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Oh yeah if the alternative is Kiffin I totally agree.

17. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

He doesn’t plan on being there long.

A-Smith likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

His options will not necessarily be full upgrades if he doesn't produce next year at the same level as this year, and Corral is gone.

19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Then he better hope Ole Miss doesn’t collapse next year without Corral. He only landed 2 of the top 10 recruits in his state. For comparison, State got 4 of them, and Leach is hardly known as some recruiting savant.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If he can keep Lebby and land Gabriel in the portal, he'll win 8 or 9 again