2021 CFB Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Sports' started by IP, Nov 22, 2021.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Interesting that since Oklahoma hired Bud Wilkinson in 1947, the only time they’ve hired a head coach with previous head coaching experience was in 1995 when they hired Schnellenberger. Everyone else was a coordinator or position coach.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I've been saying for 20 years we wouldn't win again until the albobross grabs a cannonball and jumps off the boat. Only then will we get our wind.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Still can't get over Schefter willing to play agent PR that quick. Even by media dropping on their knees standards that's fast.

A-Smith likes this.
  4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Surely he is aware enough to realize he is not beloved? Pride is a hell of a drug for all of us, but comm'on Bob, just retire from football. Maybe we can let him become the permanent voice of the BaseVols (far and away the sport he does best at).

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

[​IMG]

PilotFlyingJ and Savage Orange like this.
  6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The football coaching landscape is changing. Guys are not going to just jump at big jobs if they have a good comfortable job. They want less stress and easy long term money.

Tar Volon and Savage Orange like this.
  7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

That’s fine by me… If I had $10 million bucks I’d RATHER nobody know who I was!!

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Mike Keith [uck fay]ing sucks.

emainvol and utvol0427 like this.
  9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Blasphemy.

Your incorrect opinion of Keith aside, he is Vin Scully compared to Bob Kesling. He can actually tell a compelling story and infuses the right amount of emotion at appropriate times. He is quick on his feet in a way Ward was. He always ups his game in big moments. He absolutely nailed the Music City Miracle-one of the best calls in radio broadcasting history for a football game. Ward shoulda recognized he was the one to replace him before he helped assist him with landing the gig for the Titans organization.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The difference between the haves and have nots in college football isn’t as great as it use to be either.

Everyone is getting on TV and exposure. Every P5 school can push the social media, which is going to be the biggest influence on recruiting now. Every P5 school has enough money coming in from media to have good facilities if they want them.

The portal also changes the game too. The players are going to flow to places that will get them on the field, instead of waiting their turn.

Daddy Gee, zehr27 and NorrisAlan like this.
  11. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

He’s complete shit dude. Sorry.

If ever feel the need to be yelled at during a football game, I’ll just do something to piss my wife off.

emainvol, utvol0427 and Savage Orange like this.
  12. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Just the act of watching football is enough to piss mine off…

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Would’ve liked for Hat to get that job

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

A dude with a 92 IQ may understand ceilings better than you

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

And his voice is like nails on a chalkboard.

16. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I just came in here to agree that Mike Keith [uck fay]ing sucks

If they want someone to be loud for mid 6 figures while Ryan Tannehill plays like trash, I’m available every Sunday for low 6 figures and a weekly bottle of whiskey

Hell, I’ll even do the Monday show from TGI Fridays or whatever shit chain will have me if they’ll keep the IPAs flowing

The Dooz likes this.
  17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I dont like or dislike Keith. Voice is a little high and horny for me. Nobody is as bad as Bob outside of a HS telecast I watched this year where the kid may have been watching his first football game ever.

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Bob and Mike can both sit in an airtight room with Willy Daunic and they can all battle it out for “worst play by play guy in the history of Tennessee sports” if they want.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Well this made sense in my head, but I guess Mark Stoops has done pretty well for himself despite his handicap

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
  20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Eh, Keith is objectively better than Kesling. He may be annoying, but he actually updates the score, tells down and distance promptly, and can do simple math.