Heupel to OU Freak Out Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 28, 2021.

1. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I don’t think this is worth worrying about. If it happens ok, but I don’t think it will. I’m good. Looking forward to CJH v2

2. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Gonna ride with Ssmiff on this.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Don't forget that this time around we also have an AD with a nice sized ego that by the way has a huge stadium renovation project underway. He isn't about to let him walk out the door. He may be making 20M next year, but Dr. Danny White MD JD MBA PHD isn't letting him walk easily.

HCKevinSteele, justingroves and IP like this.
  4. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

The blood isn’t bad there.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

This is the thinking that keeps it at defcon 2 for me, and not 1. Still, I won't be relaxed until OU hires someone else. I do not want to be coach searching at this late hour.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

“If he walks we’ll get someone just as good.” -me, a known idiot

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I believe Heupel is enjoying Oklahoma twisting in the wind a little bit. He was going to work for Stoops as the OC and gracefully move up when Bob retired.

What happened was Oklahoma underachieved, Stoops was told to shake up his staff and he chose to keep his brother instead of Heupel. Riley got the unofficial head coach in waiting tag.

Stoops and Heupel haven't spoke much since then, if at all.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Heupel will get a raise from this most likely and Mark Stoops will end up the new head coach.

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

A simple “I was wrong about you. Here’s 7 million per annum” would probably fix a lot.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If Oklahoma doesn’t offer him the job this time, he’s a Vol as long as we want him.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

And he’ll get fired after their first year in the SEC

tvolsfan likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Under the circumstances of the relative success of Year 1 and this, just pay the man what you have to because we can't afford to wander in the wilderness.

chavisut likes this.
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Other than simply going with gut I would not be shocked at all if Bob came out of retirement.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
  16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Some people may not like it but we would match the 7 million if it came to that

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Jeff Lebby and Mark Stoops seem to be the top two right now

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Please be Mark Stoops.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

It may not be there between him and OU in general but it definitely is between him and Stoops. Numerous sources have said Heupel has refused to speak to Stoops since the firing. And Stoops is still involved in the operations at OU.

20. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Either of these would be great for UT. Losing Lebby would hurt Kiffin and UK would go back to the Joker Phillips days if they lost Stoops.