2021 CFB Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Sports' started by IP, Nov 22, 2021.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

2. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I think his was the first report I saw out of the players meeting. Beat the Oregon 247 guy by 15 mins.

InVolNerable likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Diaz did bail on temple after 2 weeks.

lylsmorr likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ah okay, so he has nothing to be outraged about so long as the checks clear.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I mean, they've gone about this as wrong as possible, but Diaz ain't innocent.

justingroves and IP like this.
  6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

And he is extremely dumb

7. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Oregon potentially going after Harsin?!!? It would solve two issues though… he was never a good fit for Auburn and his vaccination deal was probably going to be the end of him there anyway. Not sure what the Ducks policy is, but if they’re looking at taking him they must be cool with it.

8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

doesnt make a lot of sense to me.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  9. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Washington State used it to fire Rolovich. So I'm thinking it could be an issue, but maybe only if they wanted it to be.

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Me either, honestly. Seems like Oregon could do a lot better than Harsin.

11. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

I can't find the headline that just passed in front of me now, and I realize the announcement that CrystalBall is going to Miami, but .... I *think* I saw that Oregon offered him 10 yrs and $85m before he actually took the Miami deal. Is that right?

Or was that the counteroffer after he told them he was taking the Miami job?

Not sure why this matters to me, but just wanting to verify what I think I saw.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think it was the counteroffer

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Oregon has a ton of money but it's still Eugene, Oregon. The only time they've ever mattered is when Joey Harrington was a Heisman finalist or Chip Kelly was running an offense never before seen in college football.

14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Miami is not subject to FOIA since they’re a private school. I doubt we ever know the exact terms, but certainly it took a big number to pull him from Oregon. I’d guess $8 million a year.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

eugene is a dump and they only recruit southern california well when usc is down. i'm not sure miami is materially a better job though.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

When Miami is rolling, they cherry pick who they want from south Florida and grab a few national recruits. Everything else about Miami sucks but when they do it right they go 3 deep at most positions with NFL talent while never going over 150 miles from campus.

There's very few schools that can do that

OneForVol likes this.
  17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah they haven't done it for 20 years though.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

When was the last time they were rolling though?

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It ended around 05

20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

The ass whooping that LSU out on them in the 2005 Peach Bowl was the beginning of the end. Coker was fired the next year.