Transfer portal

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Dec 2, 2019.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Well, shit.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Maybe it’s just my Orange colored glasses, but I’m having a hard time understanding why we aren’t getting more of these guys who could CLEARLY come to UT and start right away…

3. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I’d heard Tennessee has big things in the works for NIL but maybe it’s not fully operational yet? Idk it is kinda weird.

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

This is not a time to be slow and methodical. Get something out there and be agile on fixing any issues.

Tar Volon and NorrisAlan like this.
  5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Right now the two people leading our NIL works are Ferking and Bobby Maze.

justingroves likes this.
  6. Power_T16

Power_T16 Chieftain

NIL guys put in a bid for Baron to stay. We'll see what KY and A&M come back with.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

What would be really effective is having a blanket NIL minimum for scholarship players, to prevent whack-a-mole. Nothing mind-blowing, just something to where they do know they are getting something.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Ferking is pretty savvy but we need better people the him and Maze. I like both guys a lot I just think we need to step it up. Money is lining up. I would like to see Austin Thomas come help now that he is free.

VOLinDAWGland and lylsmorr like this.
  9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Texas is working on this now. I think we should sit back and see how it works before we go that route.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, thinking on it more, if it is too low then that could be used against us and if it is too high then we aren't leveraging resources effectively. Easier said than done.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I agree. Ferking is gonna be a stud in this area one day, probably pretty soon, but he ain't there yet.

This is where and Overstreet or Leaverton would be very helpful - and maybe they are doing something, I don't know.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Exactly. I think we learn a lot from what Texas does.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think we see more shops like Spyre sports pop up. I believe they are finding it's not hard to lineup the money.

CardinalVol likes this.
  14. voltime12

voltime12 New Member

The Jared Verse recruitment is perplexing (mainly because he has gone quiet) to say the least the “insiders” have no clue where he is leaning and he has already taken all of his official visits, so schools like Miami and USC are late to the game possibly? The insiders still think it’s an FSU and Tenn battle but they also think is is going to announce this week he just hasn’t yet so yeah very weird

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's got options and he's not being very loud about it

16. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Go full Cyberpunk and hope it doesn't completely destroy our credibility/program.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Baron has withdrawn from the portal. I guess he got some reasons to stay. We need to think about retention NIL money or something though.

chavisut and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It’s about time my $20 handshakes paid off

Poppa T, NorrisAlan and Savage Orange like this.
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

NYY is severely undercutting you.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  20. voltime12

voltime12 New Member

Will be interesting to see what linebackers or cornerbacks from other programs head to the portal after spring practice, you got to think the coaching staff will be going hard after those positions