COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

All y'all, and the kids, just stay hydrated and don't push it.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Maryville City Schools closed Monday.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

AC was closed all this week.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

MCS closing for anything is the same indicator as a Waffle House is for a hurricane. When they close, it's real.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  5. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I second this, hope she is much better very soon

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Thanks fellas. Moving down into some congestion so I've got her doing breathing treatments to try to help.
    She said she doesn't feel terrible but just doesn't want to get out of bed. It's kindof acting like an OG flu bug where your body says eff u I'm sleeping until I sweat this out

7. fl0at_

That's how it was for my dad, when he had delta. I wonder if there is still some delta mixed in with this omicron.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Is Omicron really flaming out for South Africa?

9. fl0at_

South Africa's cases look worse than ours, based on cursory glance at the graphs. They have more base in their peaks.

Look at Florida/New York for a comparison of ours, straight up and then straight back down.

10. Ssmiff

I hear the shower running at 3 am. Wife says she woke up and her clothes were all wet. I told her to come on over since she was already ready.
    Unfortunately it was just the fever breaking.

11. Ssmiff

Today much better so hopefully that means it's done.

IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I still haven’t gotten it, far as I know. We are vaxed and boosted, but the fiancé works in an office, and we aren’t exactly staying home and not going anywhere.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I remain uncaptured as well. Seems like luck as much as anything, but I am careful.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

With as many times as this has mutated, an antiviral seems like the best way to really "end" the threat.

Daddy Gee likes this.
  15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If you’ve been vaccinated or had the virus you have basically a zero threat of negative outcome.

This is never going away but it will be like the other 4 circulating HCoVs and be a “cold”

16. fl0at_

Colds don't carry a risk of pneumonia and serious complications.

If this is carried on forever, the classification will be colds, influenzas, and COVID.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's going to end up knocking back life expectancy significantly. It is already moving it. It is not ever going to blend into the background like it was nothing, which is what I suspect some think when they talk about it being endemic. Endemic means it will constantly be picking off the elders and weak, at a higher clip than the flu which we still worry about.

Daddy Gee likes this.
  18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That's not true.

flu and cold viruses lead to about 33% of all pneumonia. That's a known down stream even from respiratory viruses.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Used to. I don't know if we have COVID-era data yet, but I don't see how that could not be different now.

EDIT: but yes, you are right that is a known downstream effect of colds.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'd say its about the same as the other respiratory viruses, especially once you've been exposed to it by vaccine or previous infection