The Never-ending College basketball season thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by bostonvol, Nov 7, 2019.

1. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

It seems like Louisville is about to get rid of Chris Mack. It’ll be interesting to see who ends up on that short list.

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Bruce Pearl should be the next HC. They likely won’t go down that road given the issues that they’ve had with the NCAA, but he should absolutely be the first choice.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

In an era where a team can follow their coach, it could get really interesting.

4. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I’m not sure why he’d leave what he’s built for Louisville at this stage in his career. If they paid him an obscene amount of money I suppose.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Maybe we can get him. This season has been horrible losing to 5 top 25 teams on the road

6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Because despite all the issues that the U of L Athletic Department had had, it’s still one of the top 10 jobs in the country.

7. dknash

dknash Chieftain

8. HCKevinSteele

Don’t get me wrong I’m not questioning the job. But he is about to turn 62 and no matter what it takes a couple years minimum to build what he has at Auburn right now.

9. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

What’s stopping the Auburn players from hitting the portal to follow him?

IP likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

If you could choose a coach right now, who would it be? Doesn't matter if it could ever happen or not. Who's the pick?

I need to think about it. I would laugh my ass off if Bruce came back. I had a blast those years. Roadtripped to a lot of games and went up to st Louis for the tourney. Never thought he was a great coach but kids looked the same as auburns do, confident and aggressive.

11. HCKevinSteele

Excluding Jabari Smith who is NBA bound, nothing. I just don’t see it from Bruce’s perspective. What’s the motivation? Money? That’s possible if they wanna make him basically the highest paid coach or close. Prestige? Meh. If it’s UNC i can see it. Nobody is that enamored with Louisville even with the strong history. Ultimately if he leaves tomorrow I’m not sure being at Louisville really makes it any easier for him to win a championship.

12. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Alabama just lost to Georgia. No gimmies on the road, even against the bottom of the league.

13. Ssmiff

A team that beats Gonzaga loses to Georgia. A great thing about college ball imo.

14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Nate Oats and Bruce Pearl tanking for the Louisville job?

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

If there was one thing which was certain, it's that Cuonzo was losing this game. Why in the world you don't foul when the difference between the shot clock and final buzzer is about 4 seconds is stupefying. And, of course, the shot goes up at 4 seconds, the rebound is available at 3 seconds, but it's tipped around a couple of times and the game is over. Just stupid.

Also, the plus 1 foul on Missouri at about a minute was garbage.

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

What exactly was West Virginia's problem with Tshiebwe?

IP likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hat would know and hint at why while insulting us for asking. I miss that.

Poppa T and HCKevinSteele like this.
  18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Louisville would be dumb to hire Oats.

19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

He was President of the Bob Huggins Fan Club.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Pearl will take the job in a heartbeat if actually offered.