2022 NCAA Tournament Seeding thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by IP, Mar 13, 2022.

1. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Other notables:

Vermont +5 vs Arky
    Chattanooga +7.5 vs Illinois
    Colgate +7.5 vs Wisconsin

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I noticed in my bracket research last night that one of the best guards for Davidson started out playing (really playing, not riding pine) for their first round opponent, Michigan State. Interesting.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think Chattanooga could win.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

100%

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Arky could lose. I Would not want to play Vermont in first round.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think Vermont is going to be used to the defensive pressure.

7. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Hell yeah.

I would party till near death if every big 10 team was put out the first week.

justingroves, VOLinDAWGland and IP like this.
  8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Saw an analysis today that said Longwood is basically the perfect bracket buster: they slow you down, take tons of threes (and make them), force turnovers, and get after the glass. The only problem with them as a big upset pick is facing one of the least vulnerable favorites, who also force turnovers, get after the glass, and defend the three.

VOLinDAWGland and Indy like this.
  9. Tar Volon

And Duke. Every big 10 team and Duke.

justingroves and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I want Izzo to end it for Weaselface.

justingroves and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  11. KyleAlexanderfan

I’d rather Illinois stay in it so they have a shot at Arizona.

utvol0427 likes this.
  12. Tar Volon

Would it be funnier or less funny to see Davidson do it?

Obviously Fullerton would be funniest

13. Tar Volon

Houston is possibly good? Their metrics are amazing and they were in the final four last year, but their SOS is trash.

14. KyleAlexanderfan

They would’ve lost to Colgate last year but then they started pressing and they imploded. So yeah that Arkansas defense will probably keep the upset from happening.

15. KyleAlexanderfan

Yeah maybe so. I just lost hope in them when Memphis destroyed them 2/3 games.

IP likes this.
  16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

They haven’t seen anything like the guards that are going to be in their face. That said I don’t expect that game to be zero stress

Looked them up on Kenpom fwiw and they’re 144 overall, 115 adjusted offense, and 191 adjusted defense

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
  17. Tar Volon

Yeah, the thing I saw was as much about play style that increases variance as it was team quality. Longwood plays a good style for random upsets, but the talent gap is huge, and Tennessee has a good style for avoiding upsets.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I really don't see it, from looking at their team. They don't even have a Q2 win, and they are very small. If Tennessee plays defense, it should be a win without too much drama.

19. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

First Quote from Barnes on Knox news:

Barnes said the NCAA Tournament selection committee should have to answer questions following selection Sunday, explaining seeding and decisions regarding the bracket.

UT was projected as a No. 3 seed entering the SEC Tournament, which it won. Tennessee has a more highly regarded resume in various metrics than Duke, which earned a No. 2 seed.

"It doesn't look like the SEC Tournament helped us," Barnes said.

The Vols coach also suggested that teams sit out the conference tournament if does not help a teams' seeding and instead allow teams fighting for a bid

This story will be updated.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Blow up their system. Force more unexpected aq's from major conferences, forcing blue bloods to have to play more quality teams before the final four.

[​IMG]

Indy and gcbvol like this.