2022 NCAA Tournament Seeding thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by IP, Mar 13, 2022.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Annoyed Barnes is my favorite Barnes.

justingroves, gcbvol, Poppa T and 3 others like this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Now that we won one, I like it. Every one in future would have an *.

Indy and IP like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

All the people that matter know this team is better than a 3 seed. We won't use it against him, ever.

4. LawVol16

LawVol16 Member

To get that level of variance, Longwood is going to have to let it fly much more frequently than they have. They make 3s at a great clip (38.6%), but they don’t take that many of them (about 37% of their shots).

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

They love the corner shots and will hit them if we leave them open. Offensive sets I saw had good spacing and a lot of movement with high ball pick and roll action with spot ups in the corner or fading to it

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

And they don't have any size to match up in the paint.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I still can't believe we only ascended one entire spot from their initial seedings they released in mid-February. We won 12/13 to end the year including the SEC tournament where we trailed for an aggregate of 1:09 minutes the entire tourny, yet we only vaulted one spot from being the #11 seed overall to the #10 seed overall. Make it make sense.

A-Smith likes this.
  8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Exactly. This should be the SEC's official position going forward. If the committee isn't going to reward out teams for winning in the SEC tournament, then we will just steal a bid with the AQ via the tournament championship. Welcome to the field, A&M.

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Clearly the answer is "You didn't play in the Big 10."

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

And conference tournaments just don't matter at all. Hell, in the Big 10s case it's also a joke that Iowa is only a 5 seed after winning that tournament. It's also a joke that Indiana was relegated to the play-in rounds despite them beating Michigan this week in addition to IU finishing with a better overall regulars season and conference record.

IP likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

And then compare Indiana to TAMU.

ole_orange likes this.
  12. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

In a just world, TAMU is slotted in Michigan's 11 seed, and Michigan is the 4th team on the outside looking in. But yes, TAMU also should be in over IU if that is the binary choice. Utter BS

13. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

Hope Sankey shats his pants when he hears Rick suggestion.
    $$$$$$$$$ down the ole tube !!!

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Bob Knight, 12 years ago:

"The tournament committee is, by and large, not capable of judging basketball."

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

So what is the Bear's record on using trends to predict multi-event outcomes?

17. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I choose to believe the NCAA Selection Committee draws from the same talent pool as SEC refs.

A-Smith likes this.
  18. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Fallica is a Penn State fan, so there is that.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Longwood got beat by Georgetown

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod