2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It is when you are talking to an emotional basketcase

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Well, the SEC title was nice. Doesn't make up for another year of disappointing March basketball

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We missed 4 [uck fay]ing wide open corner 3s in the last 8 minutes. Was played and defended just like before and they flat out missed them.

They put a [uck fay]ing elite defender on vescovi all day and he's a catch and shoot guy and couldn't get in a damned rhythm. He'll, just tip your damn cap every now and then to the guy on him.

We [uck fay]ing had looks all game Ling we passed on because we were gun shy. We'd pulled them in a heartbeat the last month.

Michigan hit shots out of their ass and Dickinson hit the 3 ball. Michigan just played better today. It [uck fay]ing happens. [dadgum].

Ssmiff and Tar Volon like this.
  4. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I wonder why we never played 2-3 zone on defense.

5. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

Well, that sucked. Vescovi couldn't get open and Zeigler and JJJ couldn't hit their shots.

6. Ssmiff

You gonna answer what your gameplan woulda been or just be a [itch bay] with kaf

7. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Corner 3 is also by far the lowest % 3. Try again.

8. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

It happens again to Barnes, you mean.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

rIcK bArNeS Is An IdIoT

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I don't get overpaid to have the answers to win basketball games.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think part of the game plan was to get the big guy in early foul trouble. I think we executed that plan, and the refs basically said [uck fay] off.

The last shot before the half was beautifully schemed. Didn’t fall. 2 dishes to wide open Zeigler in the corner in the 2nd half. Didn’t fall.

We had plenty of chances to win that game if we just sink make able shots. And we didn’t sink them.

It doesn’t change Barnes’s history in March. I just don’t really think this one is on him. Hell, even shooting 5/18 (27%) likely gets us the win.

LawVol16 likes this.
  12. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

That’s obvious.

13. KyleAlexanderfan

This season is a failure. Plain and simple. Carry water and coddle Barnes’s balls all day. But everyone here is already on record saying not making a sweet 16 constitutes a failure.

He’s regular season Rick.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

The times Vescovi got open in the 2nd half the guard wasn't even looking his direction.

15. KyleAlexanderfan

Yeah and Purdue and Loyola and Oregon Stare weren’t his fault either.

16. Ssmiff

What is your adjustment? You seem to know the issue but have no answer. We ran vescovi off every pick we usually do. They played a longer athlete on him and closed the space he needs to shoot. We went to the post. We ran him off baseline. We ran elbow curls. We ran pick and roll and handoffs.
    What is your adjustment we needed to do?

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yeah, elite basketball mind SGMVols and Ssmiff are here to tell me differently. [uck fay] outta heah

KyleAlexanderfan likes this.
  18. KyleAlexanderfan

You should be a college basketball coach.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Dude, those two guys have forgotten more basketball than you will ever pretend to know.

20. KyleAlexanderfan

LOL