2022 NCAA Tournament Thread

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by CardinalVol, Mar 17, 2022.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He did way more damage inside than out. He just abused the post players in every way

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Jesus. I didn’t know he had 27. And Brooks went for 23.

3. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yeah. I was cringing.

4. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Looking at the stat sheet Aidoo was waaaaaay more productive in his minutes than Fulkerson. Hate to pick on Fulkerson but he was turrible. And Aidoo is a way better post defender. Would have liked to see him in for his defense when Barnes went with 2 bigs as opposed to Fulkerson

5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

How long did we go before we fired off a 3? It seemed like forever. Maybe it wasn't long, we were just missing. I guess the "when" is immaterial when you only hit 2.

6. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

You’re just stupid and like to argue tiny details that don’t matter. Idgaf if Chism didn’t hit 5 3’s in a game that was over 12 years ago so I’m not going to remember off the top of my head. He shot 32% and you did not want to leave him open.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Santi was shooting at the start but someone was always near him or closing fast on him

8. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Lol. IP out here acting like Dickinson made 2 3’s all year on 6 shots.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
  9. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yeah, Fulkerson just did seem to ever get the juice back. I hated that for him.

I am hoping to see Aidoo/BHH make that Admiral/Grant development jump. Those guys (Admiral/Grant) really had the want-to that is special.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He's given a lot of sweat to UT, just didn't have it on Saturday. I remember Aidoo early. Had 4 points and 1 board in 5 minutes and then....???? Never saw him again. He's got big potential and is a great post defender. Hatfield gonna need some work I think.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I'm not convinced Aidoo would have had significantly more success against Dickinson than what Plavsic had. I also wouldn't call Aidoo a "great" post defender. I think he seemed that way because he had so much success against Tshiebwe, but that was largely due to the size advantage. He doesn't have that advantage on Dickinson.

I can see the argument for Aidoo over Fulkerson, but I also don't necessarily blame Barnes for riding with the vet rather than the freshman.

12. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

"UT didn't take a 3-pointer until the 12:09 mark." This is why it seemed like forever.

And the goose egg in 2H did not help the feeling of "forever".

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Way longer than I thought it took to take one.

14. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

That was to "make one".

I know I asked take one. I could not find "take one" time.

I deleted DVR when we lost, so I can't look and it probably doesn't matter.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That means he's a really good post defender

Tenacious D and lylsmorr like this.
  16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

lol, "your Google stats"? Did you really just say "your Google stats"? Good lord, even WWII veterans would think to think, "take a lap there, Boomer".

So salty. But I'd be perpetually salty too if I was as smooth-brained as you, so I don't blame you.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Salty is coming in after an L and talking about someone sucking Barnes ballsack while people are trying to discuss aspects of a game you clearly don't and won't ever get. Old, dumb, imbecile, Barnes ballsack sucker says you need to stfu and move on

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

InVolNerable is probably more of a DuckDuckGo guy. But I think seeking out and using data to form one's position is kind of necessary.

19. InVolNerable

2 times in an entire career vs 1/3 of Dickinson's games in one season. Dickinson also went 0-3 once all season. Chism went 0-3+, including an 0-7 night, 4 times in his senior year. 6 times his junior year. Another great comparison, buddy. You're on a roll.

Dickinson tended to test the water with 1 or 2 threes, and more so against guard heavy rotations. If he made one, he'd put up more as long as the shot was a good/open one. If he didn't, he'd stick to passing it from the perimeter or post up. The games he wasn't making perimeter shots were the games that the opposing defense was putting a man in his face when he was behind the line. Crazy how that works.

20. InVolNerable

The first barb was a tongue-in-cheek prod; all in good fun. But your reactions are hilarious. The "if you don't post in a specific message board's basketball threads, you don't know basketball" take is archetypal Ssmiff stupidity.