POLITICS Ukraine

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Jan 22, 2022.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Saw a report that downed Russian jets have basic GPS units taped to their control panels.

yikes.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Woof. Even private license guys flying 1960's prop planes have an ipad.

tvolsfan and justingroves like this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

If Russia didn't have nukes they'd be just another 'stan. Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, Russostan.

tvolsfan, zehr27, SetVol13 and 3 others like this.
  5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Russia thought everybody was just going to shrug and that's not what has happened.

tvolsfan likes this.
  6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

7. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

8. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Azovstol steel plant surrenders after months. Brave men, hopefully they're treated with honor in surrender but not likely

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

A good chunk of them got out, I believe.

That doesn’t mean anything for the ones that didn’t, unfortunately.

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Russia now making noise about charging the surrendered troops with war crimes…

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Putin may be circling the drain. At any rate, he is allegedly having to take frequent breaks for medical treatments. Now, that is according to the Steele guy who had the dossier some of you don't believe.​

12. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

Well, it's tit for tat. Both sides have violated the Geneva Conventions, and I try to keep a clean mind as to both sides despite Ukraine mastering the social media deal.

Russia stepped in a big pile of shit and are getting their comeuppance, but a show trial of a 22 year old NCO who committed a crime under duress (his alternative was likely being shot himself) is not making me feel like justice is being served.

Savage Orange likes this.
  13. Savage Orange

Same. While I still want Ukraine to prevail here, it just seems more & more like a cash grab on Zelensky’s part. The 40 billion deal has really soured me on this whole thing. Ukraine is pretty obviously guilty of war crimes here too, but I guess it’s the nature of war. Doesn’t make it right, it just is what it is.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Explain the cash grab.

15. NorrisAlan

Yeah, 40 billion is a drop in the bucket as to what his country is going to need post-war.

And not sure what war crimes you can commit against an invading force, save not taking prisoners. Even then, that would be a damn hard to prove. Torture? Perhaps. But again, that would be damn hard to prove, unlike bombing a building you know is full of civilians or murdering people as you leave town.

16. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

17. Savage Orange

Just an opinion, nothing more. Hopefully we’ll be able to see how the money is being spent but I suspect that a gracious plenty of it will just find its way into the pockets of folks it was never intended to go to.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Those pockets are most likely to be American, though.

19. NorrisAlan

It will be interesting to see what kind of cult of personality forms around Zelenksy. Will he be a Cincinnatus/Washington figure or a Caesar/Kim figure?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

That he is being increasingly neg'ed on here is sad to me. It shows that the long arc of propaganda works. His nation was invaded. He refused to flee. Now he's a Caesar/Kim figure?! Now he's profiteering?!

No. he's doing his job. There is no alternative that is acceptable than what he has done since February. It's both sides-ism run amok. It's Russian propaganda running through western conservative media. Nothing has happened to make people believe he or Ukraine are scamming anyone. Nothing. That idea has been planted very skillfully.

tvolsfan, Unimane and lumberjack4 like this.