Goodbye BYU, Hello UVA

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, May 16, 2022.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Let me guess. New NC st qb leads the world in 3rd down conversions by running

NorrisAlan likes this.
  3. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Reading that article re: their 2023 schedule, you would think they would pay us not to play them.

Memtownvol likes this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I actually was kind of surprised at that. They've already dropped Utah State from future schedules because of the Big 12. Figured we coudl reach a mutual understanding. I guess we had to make part of it up since they came here.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

If we are paying them only part of the gate for a game against UVA in Nashville, we may just be paying what their share of their gate would have been in their stadium. So not much, by Tennessee standards.

justingroves likes this.
  6. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Probably.

I'm sure "but we played at your place" was on the negotiators list of things to try and "leverage".

I think it is odd that they had previously scheduled 2 SEC teams. I'm gonna assume they figured they could make better bank taking our game off the schedule vs Arky.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

It sounds to me like BYU has as much or more to do with this as we do, but the twittiots are [itch bay]ing about ducking them and [itch bay]ing about not doing home and home with UVA. Idk, maybe UVA didn’t want to do a home and home.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

BYU's been an independent for awhile

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Why would anyone want a home and home with UVa? Do people feel like they're missing out by not getting to see a college football game played in a high school stadium?

IP and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  10. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Which is why I was surprised that they would schedule 2 SEC schools in the same year. Maybe they have before? I thought it odd.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They wanted in the playoffs and SEC teams are big money games

12. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Possibly there have been hopes and dreams of joining the SEC for that equal share like Texas and Oklahoma? I have to agree with my VTech alum wife, cavs suck. I’d rather revenge on BYU.

13. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Boring. Boring basketball program. Boring football program. Boring alumni.

14. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I have to admit, I just don’t care. I want 2022 to be about turning the corner. 2023 is a long time away. If 2022 goes like it should then it’s a W either way. A win over the number 85 team vs the number 55 team. Find something else to stress about…like playing in Nashville. I am all for refusing any bowl games there and forfeiting every other season to Vandy.

Its just a little better than playing in Memphis on Hollywood. Have some dang pride. I’d rather play UTC in Chattanooga.

NorrisAlan likes this.