2022 Vols Baseball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by utvol0427, Sep 16, 2021.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Imagine being this stupid. This was in response to a picture of Gilbert. 7E3A2FC3-989F-42F1-A9A5-FA3C2F07799C.jpeg

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Tony remained calm, which I'm sure took every bit of restraint he had.

Frank did not.

That's the only difference I can see.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

The issue with running your mouths and flipping birds is the fall can be harder and go national. Plus, reputation leads to bias. I hope we tone that part down next year. Gilbert was warned. Love the kid but it’s time to shut your mouth after a warning. Yes the pitch was shit. It happens.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I know it's dumb but that ump did suck, I can't really blame him for raising hell

5. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

It is my understanding that no coach is allowed to leave the dugout to approach the umps, just the manager.

6. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I’m pretty sure Frank was just trying to take the attention off of Vitello and Gilbert to keep one from being ejected and the other from getting into any more trouble. He came out of nowhere from the dugout.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's part of it but Frank is a fiery guy

8. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

No doubt. The other game he got ejected this year was because the other team was jeering at dollander when he got hit by that line drive. The player protection part will kick him into overdrive sometime.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I love it, he pops up out of nowhere too

10. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Yep, same here. As frustrating as yesterday was, it’s also what makes this team great. They still have a good chance of pulling this off.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think we win today. Sorry for the spoiler.

12. CardinalVol

Frank was already pissed at blue anyway. That was just the spark that blew it up.

justingroves likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

cost him maybe the biggest game of his career though.
    Reality is we haven’t been playing well. Starting pitching has been down a bit for a few weeks. Undisciplined at the plate and the frustration and mouthiness doesn’t help composure at the plate. That angst can bleed over and turn a loose dugout into a tight and intense one. And Lawson has turned into an issue in the field.

14. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I’ve been up since 4 AM, I am going to be very grumpy if this game goes like yesterday. A nice, chill double-digit victory sounds lovely.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I don't know the last time I've been this worked up before a UT game. Elimination baseball is not good for my health.

Volsdude likes this.
  16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nobody gets out of life alive, embrace the moment.

SetVol13 likes this.
  17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Wow how did we score from first on a ball that didn’t make it past the outfield?

18. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Damned fine baserunning

Tar Volon likes this.
  19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Stephenson is very fast

justingroves, utvol0427 and Tar Volon like this.
  20. CardinalVol