POLITICS Ukraine

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by CardinalVol, Jan 22, 2022.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Nah, she's a monster

2. 10SEvols

10SEvols Member

I don't do the Politics stuff but have followed the Ukraine thread from the start. As far as Hillary is concerned I couldn't agree more with Groves and I don't consider myself republican. She is an absolute horrible human being and I can't imagine anyone justifying her.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why? And don't assume I am some megafan, I have posted about her unfavorably many times. But the vitriol doesn't add up.

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

5. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I don't think someone can make you feel it if you don't feel it, ultimately a judge of character thing. It's not just one or two actions over the years. I'm with Groves in thinking she's a monster, and in ways that even by our effed up standards most politicians are not.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's unsatisfying. Shouldn't there be clearly defined reasons for a human being to be labeled a monster?

7. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I feel like 'politician' is a good start and we can work from there.

justingroves likes this.
  9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seems self defeating.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don’t find HRC to be much of an appealing political candidate.

But a monster? Come on y’all. Hyperbole much.

11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

So I keep seeing the CNN Ukraine Map showing Russia Red occupying all of the east. I don't understand it given their heavy loses and logistics. This makes much more sense to me.

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I find it interesting that of the people I know who have demanded the US take a tougher line with Russia and China over the last decade are many of the same people saying we should pressure Ukraine to capitulate and give up their wrongfully taken lands. It's not scientific, but interesting. I reckon the inverse largely holds true as well as far as the people I'm normally around.

tvolsfan and justingroves like this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

What I don't get about that thinking is that Ukraine more or less already did that in 2014. It didn't work.

tvolsfan likes this.
  14. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

To some degree you have to allow them a path to off ramp. The last thing you really want is them backed in a corner with no [uck fay]s to give. But that pathway can't be to let them keep what they stole. And that pathway can't be free from pain or maximum humiliation but should be a very painful lesson where there's no misunderstanding that they lost.

tvolsfan and NorrisAlan like this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think the offramp is the original border. And the world can offer a path to reducing sanctions at set levels based on ending the war, reparations, etc.

tvolsfan and NorrisAlan like this.
  16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Yeah I think the 2013 border has to be the line, then offering a way to ease of sanctions from there. My fear is that Crimea is gone without a wholesale destruction of Russian leadership.

17. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Yeah, don’t see Putin giving that up. It would be to personally humiliating.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Have nothing to add other than I found this interesting.

19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP