2022 Vols Baseball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by utvol0427, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I've enjoyed the heck out of watching this team. Regular season SEC CHAMPS, SEC Tourney Champs, Regional winners,, records broken, fun had by team.

As Card says, post season is another animal.
    Bummed for us and, more importantly, bummed for the kids. They deserved to play in the CWS, just cause.

justingroves likes this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Shit happens. V knows more than anybody he shoulda made a move. Most of his moves were great all year. I just hate to not see our 104 mph guy or all time leading save guy or a guy like Burke in vs righty even though he has been struggling. Hindsight and whatnot. Slow rollers into runs, errors and two straight as arrow fastballs when up in the count among. And didn’t see the ball well today. Lots of desperate looking swings

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

USM hosts a regional for first time in how long, against in state preppy we are above you ole miss, in Hattiespuke, and puts up zero runs in 2 games.

4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Ole Miss and Arkansas both made it?

yeah, [uck fay] the rest of this tournament. Not watching another pitch.

MLB only for me until football returns.

A-Smith likes this.
  5. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Wait until [uck fay] Auburn makes it

6. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

5 SEC teams made supers and we maybe the only one that doesn’t make it to Omaha. Lol. Yeah, [uck fay] this shit.

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

That’s just how baseball works.

Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes it rains.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I remember that it was said that Notre Dame was a tough draw, perhaps the toughest for hosts.

9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Honestly might be cheering for Notre Dame at this point. Not that I’ll actually be watching.

10. Tar Volon

I dunno, we could’ve had to play the 9th-place team in the SEC…

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I can't cheer for Notre Dame, they're up there with Alabama, Florida and Georgia for me

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yup. And fOSU

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

If Oregon St and ECU are eliminated, there won’t be a single team left that I don’t hate

Tar Volon likes this.
  14. Tar Volon

I get it, but the dislike for me is more limited to football (kinda the reverse of Arkansas, where I don’t mind their football team at all but I hope they go two-and-out at the CWS)

15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've thought about it, and I think I am more bummed that it's over than I am than we didn't make it to omaha. This team has just been that fun to watch and this is the first UT team my son has been REALLY invested in emotionally. It's just been a fun year and I hate that it's over. I'd probably been bummed if they won the whole thing once it ended. Teams like that just don't come around too often.

16. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I would have loved to cheer for USM bc I have a former athlete of mine playing for them.

I can not cheer for Ole Miss bc I am surrounded by these clowns. (Hell they were firing their coach less than 2 weeks ago)

Watching the sheer amount of Arkansas (and Ole Miss to a lesser degree) fans whine on social media and be internet trolls has me right there on them too. Click any UT baseball social media post and its automatically 20 Ark trolls right off the top.

ND can pound sand too. At first I tipped my cap to them, then some clown in my neighborhood that is a ND fan became a keyboard warrior and started hurling insults at the entire team.... that was enough for me...that and a few other posts

I just can't understand some of the hate... The fact that this team has angered so many people to the point that they are more happy with Tennessee losing than they are that their team made it to Omaha....You would think this is a team laden with criminals and degenerates.

justingroves likes this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Tennessee is not supposed to matter. It angers them.

18. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

They could arguably be better on paper

We have to see how Lawson/Stephenson/Ortega shake out in the draft.

Maui will upgrade SS (projected 1st Rounder in 23)
    The Air Force kid (Skenes) arrived tonight for his visit. Big bat. Mostly pitched and was a stud this year but is a projected T10 pick next year as a catcher.
    Tommy Tanks is a wait and see... I would assume that the staff will press this week but he may wait to see if FSU hires ND coach...
    See who else pops up in the portal

Moore will compete for pt in the INF
    Dickey can catch and play OF
    1-2 of the JUCO kids are supposed to be very well regarded.
    At least 1 of the HS kids is thought to be a real dude.... kid out of IL...

Pitching

Doe, Burns, Beam
    I think Sewell has a year left if he wants (Covid) and supposedly he is leaning that way
    Wyatt Evans has been a guy they say could be a guy
    Interesting to see if Halvorsen stays around and gets healthy
    Quite a few arms coming in.

So, absent a ton of injuries, you have a chance to have a deep pitching roster, really good defense, and should be able to hit.....

19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

This team led the nation in ERA by almost a full run AND crushed the BBCOR-era HR record.

No way we’re replicating that next year.

but that doesn’t necessarily mean we won’t have a better postseason run.

Tar Volon, justingroves and chavisut like this.
  20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The program is going to be a threat to the SEC and have a chance to make it to Omaha every single year Anthony Gregory Vitello is standing in that dugout.

CardinalVol and chavisut like this.