2022 Vols Baseball

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by utvol0427, Sep 16, 2021.

1. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

I believe all 3 Tennessee-Notre Dame games were the highest rated college baseball games of the weekend on the ESPN network.

2. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I'm one

3. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Yeah same. I hate baseball, but I love the basevols

4. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I love baseball, but generally only watch 1) the majors and 2) when the Reds are either playing well or they have some younger talent I want to see play and 3) the playoffs. With so many games it’s hard to devote 3+ hours to it more than a day or two a week, but I love the playoffs and if the Reds are winning I’m known to at least passively watch almost every game

College ball I have generally only watched during the tournament, and even then I don’t usually watch much until the championship game(s)

The last two years I have watched as many Vols games as I had time for.

Tar Volon, SetVol13 and chavisut like this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

When I got to Knoxville for school, the Vols were pretty good and the games were fun to go to but until the sec network, you really couldn't watch many games

Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
  6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

In the last year I watched the Braves in the playoffs and all the Vols games on the real ESPN channels. Probably watched more of the basevols than MLB. I'll probably not watch another pitch until next year.

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Scott coming back next year.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hendon Hooker back for football too..

9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Pretty similar to where I am, but I don’t have an MLB team that I follow, and I like so many different sports, that I’ve pretty much had it fall by the wayside in my adult life. Even moved to an MLB town and haven’t been out to a game yet (in fairness, my kids are too young to appreciate it, and the O’s don’t make themselves easy to love). I’ve watched a fair chunk of the Vols this year though.

10. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Zach Joyce is officially back with the team.

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

What was his story again?

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Signed here with his brother. Stepped away after 2020 maybe, for personal reasons it sounds like.

Already had Tommy John as well (might have played into it) and is supposed to be a hard worker and freak like his brother.

This has been in the works for a while I think, just official recently. Nobody on the staff is upset he wants to give it a go.

CardinalVol likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Different style. Throws 4 pitches. Less heat. I’ve always said though kids can hit straight heat. Look at the damage done to us by nd on fastballs.

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

So should I be happy that Notre Dame is beating Texas? I don’t know how to feel.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Apathetic is how you should feel.

justingroves likes this.
  16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I don't care enough to be apathetic.

VolDad likes this.
  17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I hate sports

NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  18. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Of course ND plays perfect infield defense against us and can’t make a simple throw to first after a bunt tonight.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Y’all are gluttons for punishment

IP likes this.
  20. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Just like Michigan in the NCAA tourney