Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And having been in Dallas recently, it is a suckhole of a town and they have no clue how to do highways. And they drive like madmen.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I forgot how egregious this was

IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

God I was screaming at the TV.

4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Texas(Houston specifically) will be heat that will rival almost anywhere on Earth. Plus Houston is just a dogshit city to be in. I'm don't care how many people live there, I'd rather have 3 in California than 2 in Texas, and so would most soccer fans if they are being quite honest. I really really can't understate just how bad a city like Houston is for hosting a world class event that doesn't involve parking lots.

5. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

And climate

dknash likes this.
  6. JohnnyQuickkick

Silvio Berlusconi trying to get Mauro Icardi to Monza. That would be interesting

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Watching the USA U-20 team in the CONCACAF semis and they look damn good. Lots of combinations and intricate play with solid ball control. They already qualified for the U-20 World Cup in the quarters and a victory tonight gives them a berth in the 2024 Paris Olympics. They are up 3-0 at the half and utterly controlling this match against Honduras like they are playing a JV team. Meanwhile, Mexico was bounced in the quarters by Guatemala and won't participate in either tournament.

OneForVol likes this.
  8. Unimane

It was like this for most of the game I watched.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Usa u20 wins the tournament, qualifies for u20 world cup, Olympics, and looks to be set to contribute fresh talent to the senior national team for the foreseeable future. USA national program has still not peaked. We may be a real force by the time 2026 rolls around.

OneForVol likes this.
  11. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I guess Leeds is gonna be Team America this season

12. JohnnyQuickkick

so tonight im watching Nashville vs Charlotte, and I learned that Charlotte has an MLS team

OneForVol likes this.
  13. JohnnyQuickkick

Cesc Fabregas to Como for most random transfer of 2022

Como’s stadium is a dump

14. Unimane

Saw the debut of Gareth Bale for LAFC in Nashville tonight (Chiellini, too). First time at the new stadium and it was a great experience. The place is even nicer than I thought it would be.

As for the game, Nashville had no ideas and, after about 5 minutes, it was clear Bale was 10 times more talented than anyone on the field.

15. JohnnyQuickkick

I'll be there in a couple of weeks for the Toronto game. I thought Nashville should've gotten more in the first half. LA is better though

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bale would start on pretty much any national team in the world. When in prime form. He's a big fish in the MLS.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

I mean, 100 year old Chiellini is still a cut above everyone else in MLS at his position too

18. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yep. David Tepper (owner of NFL Carolina Panthers) is owner of Charlotte FC. IIRC, to get it, he paid the highest MLS franchise fee to date. His ownership stake in NFL Steelers gave him a leg up in acquiring Panthers. Right after he bought Panthers from Richardson, I think he expressed an interest in bringing MLS to Charlotte and had been working it for several years.

19. Unimane

20. JohnnyQuickkick

Cant say he’s wrong