The 8th Maxim Randy Mario Poffo Memorial Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by emainvol, Aug 14, 2011.

1. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Yeah I’m assuming he’ll be back in time for Rumble from that. Torn pec skyrocketed him over the moon.

justingroves likes this.
  2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's just going to hand it over to his idiotic daughter and doofus son in law

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

They are a whole hell of a lot better at it than he is, at this point. It would be a welcome change, but apparently he’s still head of creative, soooo…

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I was just quoting CM Punk.

6. chavisut

Anybody ordering FD?

Also, Christian is one of the more underrated workers of his generation.

emainvol and justingroves like this.
  7. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Yeah I am. Particularly with this Okada match now, I think it will be a really good show

chavisut likes this.
  8. chavisut

One thing AEW doesn’t do a good job of at all is introducing new talent. They’ve particularly done a poor job with this PPV.

Okada is apparently supposed to be amazing, who would he be compared to?

justingroves likes this.
  9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Khan is banking on a lot of people being die hard wrestling nuts with this ppv. I think it's cool, but I can see where business wise it's not the best idea

chavisut likes this.
  10. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

It will probably do okay but I do think it’s a test balloon of sorts

Hell, when ROH and NJPW did their show at MSG it did like 20K buys which was their biggest in a long time. Now, that’s not a number that’s going to make AEW terribly happy, but AEW also has a bigger built in fan base

justingroves likes this.
  11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

That’s tough. He’s one of the best professional wrestlers I’ve ever seen, but he’s almost a throwback. Super athletic, but his style is more power based. He makes everything look good whether it’s offense or selling offense

Like if you put prime Orton and Michaels in a blender, then threw in a little Flair presentation

I know that probably sounds like I’m exaggerating him, but dude is simply the best guy out there right now in ring. His match series with Omega is unbelievable, but so are his matches with Naito, Tanahashi, Ibushi, White, Sanada and pretty much everyone else he gets in the ring with

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    chavisut likes this.
  12. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’m excited that we get another Ishii match, and that it includes Miro, Malakai and PAC

It’s a very NJPW style ppv in that, they don’t do a bunch of 3-4ways but they do get a lot of guys into a big show. So you see a lot of like 8-10 man tags and what not in your typical premium NJPW show

Adding the more American flair to it by making multi-man singles matches and multi-tag team matches is going to be fun.

13. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Also, Gargano or Claudio is going to be Bryan’s guy I think

14. chavisut

NXT is another show I’ve never watched, although I regret not giving it a chance in its early run. I see his name dropped a lot when I check Reddit* so interested to see.

*I also saw a lot about Danhousen and AEW still hasn’t made me really care about him. Even after pairing him with Hook.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Gargano can go, he's fun to watch.

chavisut likes this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

CSRO

emainvol and chavisut like this.
  17. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’m good with their usage of Danhausen. He’s entertaining, but small doses are fine

He’s not quite like Orange Cassidy who is a comedy act, but can absolutely go with anyone in ring

18. chavisut

Can someone please give Eddie Kingston another pen?

emainvol likes this.
  19. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

No Hiromu tomorrow night due to illness is a real bummer

I really want an American audience to watch that cat. He’s so good

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Dammit, I didn’t realize Ishii was hurt too

They have had some rotten luck with this show