OWH Memorial Undead Topic

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by O+W=H., Sep 26, 2011.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

For the record I will still gladly accept suitcases full of cash. However I prefer briefcases. Much more classy. This is a big day for the duffel bag industrial complex though

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I'll take McDonald's bags full of cash. I am not proud.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can bring my own bag, Halloween style

NorrisAlan likes this.
  4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So the bummer right now is the Avalanche trail is closed due to flooding, and that is apparently the best "basic" trail here.

The pro of that is that the waterfalls are absolutely amazing right now. It's like the faucet has been left on full blast. We went to a waterfall named Virginia Falls and it was absolutely amazing.

Joseph Brant likes this.
  5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Avalanche lake is very nice, and the hike isn't bad at all.

Drive over to many glacier (it's going to be a drive, but there is a hotel over there you can check in to that is pretty cool).

There is a lake where moose can sometimes be seen, but there is also a hike that is only about 2 miles in to a nice sized lake.

The hike is just woods, but the lake is cool.

If going to the sun road is open you can take it to many, but it's a narrow road up top. But you can see mountain goats.

6. CardinalVol

We're driving to many glacier tomorrow. Taking today off and getting up early to go.

Saw some mountain goats Tuesday. We were around Two Medicine and they came down and then more or less hiked the trail with us. A mama and 2 kids. It was really neat.

gcbvol likes this.
  7. fl0at_

If you go around the park to get there, there is a look out point where you can see some as well. Generally need binoculars, though. Sometimes there are bears out there.

Since you're doing the dad thing, might as well just stop and take the 5 minute walk. Even if don't have binos. It breaks the drive up.

I always find the many glacier drive boring. The west glacier drive you can at least stop and do putt putt or something.

8. CardinalVol

We're staying near weat glacier. So we've made the drive once and are making it again tomorrow. I love the curvy road part of it. My wife said yesterday, and I quote, "honey, I know you love driving fast on curvy roads but I want to remind you we're on the side of a mountain."

We're headed over to Whitefish today and then going on the west end of going to the sun after 4, when you don't need a pass to get on it.

9. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I was in Colorado Springs several years ago for work with a coworker. I normally make the drive to the top of Pikes Peak whenever I'm there. So I convince my coworker to do it our last morning there. That mother [uck fay]er sat in the back behind the driver's seat because he didn't want to be "sitting on the side of the mountain" on the drive up. Felt like I was driving miss daisey.

10. fl0at_

Very nice. Coming down when the mountain is on your right side, you can get pinched, depending on the size of your vehicle. I took a F-150 down it once and about ripped the mirrors off because it was wall or put the other car off the mountain.

So, safe travels coming down. Dinner in whitefish with the sun on the lake is nice, but you'll miss it if you're headed back up to Going to Sun. If you're a biker... and I mean bicycles, bicycling down Going to Sun is a fun time, but you might not be able to right now. I can't remember if they allow bikes if the road is open, or not.

11. CardinalVol

We're in a Nissan maxima we rented. I appreciate the handling on it though. Makes it easier to drive faster.

I joked that in TN you have a two foot drop off the road and there's a guard rail. Out here, side of a mountain, eh, you'll make it, nothing.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Take the inclined train next time

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I bet he flew to CO, too. Lol

justingroves likes this.
  14. fl0at_

It's all our nothing in Montana. The best you get is bed of sand to stop 18 wheelers, sometimes.

justingroves likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

No one who goes over ever complained

fl0at_ likes this.
  16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Last few times I was there, the incline was down, maybe for maintenance. It's something I wanted to do though.

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I told him if I run off the road the side of the car isn't gonna matter. He rode in the passenger's seat on the way back to get that extra 3 feet away from the edge.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Card you stopping anywhere to do some fly fishing? Friends in Montana and Steamboat now sending pics of some nice fish

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

For you water/river buffs, I just ran across this today and I found it fascinating. I know some of you probably knew about it already, but I didn't.

InVolNerable likes this.
  20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

As my 5 year old constantly tells me, "that's enough learning for today"

InVolNerable, NorrisAlan and fl0at_ like this.