Elon Musk is in “Bonkersland”?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, May 25, 2018.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

financial settlements are standard in cases that don't result in financial gain for the person involved. that's like saying i bought my way out of a parking ticket because i paid it.

zehr27 likes this.
  2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

they aren't a criminal division. they don't make that decision. the justice department makes that decision.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If you settled less than the fine, you absolutely bought your way out of it. 100%.

Because the fine here is INFINITE, he 100% paid less than possible.

4. fl0at_

Yes. Which means the SEC can find a financial benefit, that the Justice department doesn't prosecute.

Ergo, bozo, financial gain not criminal.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ok. that's some bizarre ass logic.

zehr27 likes this.
  6. fl0at_

No, it's not. It's so linear, it fits in two lines.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

what are you babbling about?

i don't get why you have to go to insults immediately. you really an angry person.

8. fl0at_

And you are a clown, full of moving goal posts.

You asked for examples, and have been given a ton, up to and including the very person being discussed.

It's common. So common you have to move the goal posts to make it rare.

Sorry if this affects your world view.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

the problem here is you don't understand this shit at all, but you think you do. that is the problem. your ignorance. you are making nonsensical arguments.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If you get a traffic ticket fine knocked down to a lesser amount you are buying your way out?

11. fl0at_

The dude paid a 20 million dollar fine, and his company paid a 20 million dollar fine, and then he gave up control of his company, AND had to appoint two new board members.

As part of a SETTLEMENT.

What the hell do you think the full package would have been?

Does that sound like business as usual?

Clown.

12. fl0at_

Absolutely. I once did traffic school. Definitely bought my way out, and paid for it with my time.

You disagree?

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You live like a billionaire

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

a $20 mil fine is NOTHING. that by itself indicates the sec didnt' think much of it. and he stepped down as chairman which is hardly giving up control of his company. the whole original premise is that the ultra rich get away with CRIMES. there is no evidence a crime was committed.

15. fl0at_

Show me the thousands of fines to individuals exceeding 20 million. I'll play you.

Stepping down as chairmen and diluting the board isn't nothing. It is absolutely giving up control. We can argue over how much control, but it is a weakening of control. That is not arguable.

CRIMES aren't, funnily enough, only those things that get charged. Having the ability to prevent charges doesn't make the action any less criminal, simply because someone bought their way out of charges.

Drawing the line at charges is crap. It's easy to distinguish the difference.

When you speed, you keep breaking the law in a criminal capacity. If you're never ticketed, it doesn't mean you didn't do the criminal activity.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

All speeding tickets are criminal?

17. fl0at_

It's like living in a world of goldfish, where nobody has a memory...

You see that little tag next to droski's name, where it says "traffic criminal?" We've had this conversation before. I imagine you participated in it about as well as you have this conversation, which is to say, without effort. But, being who I am, I'll give you a crash course refresher.

Crimes are punishments by states. When you get a traffic ticket, is your punishment (a fine, sometimes jail time) by your neighbor? No? Oh, so it's by the state.

So yes, it's a crime. Just not necessarily with jail time.

18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’ve gotten more than one completely waived by UT parking. I guess I’m just like Elon Musk

zehr27 likes this.
  19. fl0at_

I've fed people fish. I guess I'm just like Jesus.

It's as dumb when you say it as when I say it.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

You’re such a nag