Notice of Allegations

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by The Dooz, Jul 22, 2022.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Is in.

2. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

So what will our punishment be?

3. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

No lack of institutional control charge = slap on the wrist. We fired the coaches and dismissed the players responsible. Punishment enough.

tvolsfan likes this.
  4. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yawn.

Tbh we are one of the few programs in the SEC that has shown even a modicum of institutional control by firing them. No way anything like that happens anywhere south of us.

5. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Going to be a lot of long show causes coming for that staff. Niedermeyer should get used to being a HS DC for a while.

tvolsfan likes this.
  6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Guarantano had to be the one going to La La Nails, right?

tvolsfan and IP like this.
  7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Pruitt's wife was getting dicked by a player for 2½ years.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lol, this is not a lot of money we are talking about in the scheme of things. 15,000 dollars over 2.5 years? 500 a month? Okay. 60,000 dollars total in payments and gifts? Okay. Only 1 booster involved? Everyone fireable fired? Players gone?

What are we even talking about here, in 2022?

There is only one (1) way such actions become the standard, and that is to deem the actions and self-imposed penalties sufficient and let Tennessee go on its way. ANYTHING else, and the message is, "do not cooperate. Admit nothing. Fight everything."

I know I am right on this one. 100%. We fired the AD. The coach. his staff. Told players to transfer. Skipped a bowl (but didn't call it a penalty, stupidly or nobly). self-imposed recruiting and scholarship penalties. Cooperated fully.

It's done. Or should be.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

60k and 18 violations? $3k per. No wonder we still sucked. If you are gonna pay, Pay.

CardinalVol, tvolsfan and IP like this.
  10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

$270 to a guy at the Gatlinburg Ripley's is a Level 1 infraction?

IP likes this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's what I am saying. Hell, these are rates at which I could afford a violation per year. As a treat. Y'all want that goofy-named 3 star with the mullet? No problem, I will venmo him half now and half after registering for classes. Heck, I'll just pay him in books.

Memtownvol likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

The penalty is having it published that we payed some dude at the Ripley's.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Am I to pretend to be so stupid as to think Bama and every other power doesn't do this, and Pruitt just suddenly came up with the idea to casually pick up small expenses on visits upon coming to Tennessee?

VolDad likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

yes, believe it or not

15. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I’ve said this here before but Pruitt and Niedermeyer came up in terms of their recruiting under Saban and Smart. I refuse to believe they were participating in intelligent and complex schemes to hide payments at Alabama and then showed up at Tennessee and decided to go full cowboy.

To some extent I’ll accept that Alabama (and Georgia for that matter) have a strong system that took time to build. But they mostly got by pre-NIL because nobody would ever look.

10SEvols and Memtownvol like this.
  16. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I mean we definitely were shelling out minimum 10x more than this and I’m sure they were aware. $60k was just all the NCAA could prove.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Pretty sure that money was going to Gray and his mom.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Once again, I would tell the NCAA to pound sand and never speak to them again.

19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

No doubt. Heck, they were paying 3 grand to get guys to visit.

20. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

The opposite is actually going to work out for us.

tvolsfan likes this.