Notice of Allegations

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by The Dooz, Jul 22, 2022.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

This feels like the yearly safety inspection at your run of the mill workshop. You make it easy to find a few minor infractions that aren't serious so they don't spend days looking for more serious stuff. Inspector gets to beat their chest for making the world a better place and you get to go on about you day. Although the result on the field makes me think we couldn't have spent too many multiples of the $60K.

justingroves and InVolNerable like this.
  2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Pete Thamel trashed Phillip Fulmer Called him the worst Athletic Director in history.

3. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Seems pretty dramatic, to be honest. I’m glad he’s gone, but as far as I can tell, Tennessee will be fine.

A-Smith and IP like this.
  4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Almost like we shouldn't have hired a guy that had zero qualifications to be an athletic director.

tvolsfan likes this.
  5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

AD Tim Curley of Penn State says hello.

CardinalVol and Memtownvol like this.
  6. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

So we got to fire our trash football coach for free? Throw in our enormous upgrade at athletic director and the fact that we are conference tournament champions in basketball and baseball, and I’m not terribly upset with the state of things

_Crew_ and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  7. cpninja

cpninja Member

Pretty cool that you could replace Fulmer with any of the other chuckle[uck fay]s who have sat in the AD chair over the last 15 years and it'd still be true

Memtownvol, InVolNerable and tvolsfan like this.
  8. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Dave Hart is the worst. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

A-Smith and justingroves like this.
  9. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

NCAA needs to be put on show cause.

10. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

He did get us Barnes though. I’m not sure there’s anything redeeming about the Fulmer era at this point. All he really has left is Kellie Harper, and the jury’s still out there.

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Barnes falling into his lap was a divine miracle of timing for DH. All Hart had to do was open up the front door. He tried and failed to hire Mike White and then spent 50% of the Tyndall press conference lecturing everyone how nobody is more thorough vetting coaches than he is. Tennessee also failed to hire the football coaches from Louisville and Oklahoma State (both of whom woulda been horrible fits ultimately) before settling on the cliché gym teacher clown from Cinnci. Hart couldn't get laid in a whore house.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

After his "thorough vetting", Tyndall got a 10 year show cause

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

DH was horrific at identifying coaching talent. Tbh Tyndall was actually kinda showing signs of encouragement X & O wise his lone year here with no talent, but you can’t be lecturing everyone about your “years of expertise” vetting coaches and then have your new hire be given the longest show cause in NCAA history 8 months later. The worst part about losing Tyndall was no more Big Gulp on the bench.

justingroves likes this.
  14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I thought Tyndall was a decent ball coach. Idk what his ceiling was. Worst cheater ever though and everybody but Dave Hart already knew it

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I know a few guys that played for him when he was an assistant, they all said he knew his stuff but was a blatant cheater

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I liked DT a lot. Dumb as a rock outside of basketball, but dude was a legit coach.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

And, no exaggeration, a 30 second Google search would have shown that he wasn't the guy you wanted to hire. It wasn't like he had dark secrets that no one knew about.

justingroves and ole_orange like this.
  18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

"I know more than Google."

-Dave Hart, probably

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hart was hired to combine the men's and women's AD, catch all the flak and get a golden parachute.

He managed to publicly embarrass the University during a few coaching searches. Currie's Schiano-gate takes a lot of light off how terrible Hart was.

Fulmer wasn't a good AD but he's not as bad as Hart and Currie were.

ole_orange and NorrisAlan like this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Someone ask him about Penn State IMMEDIATELY. Then Michigan State. What a buffoonish claim.