Excitement building for 2022

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Jun 28, 2022.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

We use our dog to chase them off the bird feeder.

I don’t know what she would do if she caught one, but those motherscrubbers are definitely running for their lives when she comes off the back deck.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Don’t know how he gets them but he does. Lifespan if in our yard is minimal. He leaves them at the door for us. Dude is like 80 years old now and still got it.

Attached Files:

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They're mean little bastards

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

On a piece of property I deer hunt, at one particular stand, there's one gigantic fox squirrel that comes out, sits on a branch and raises hell every morning I sit there. He's been doing it for years

A-Smith likes this.
  5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The squirrels and mockingbirds keep a tight ship around here.

6. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I’ve killed one massive fox squirrel in my life, immediately regretted it and won’t ever kill another. Love seeing them.

PilotFlyingJ and justingroves like this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I used to shoot the hell out of squirrels but I've gotten soft in my old age

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I like this

9. Ssmiff

Read a good article about Hooker and how he was all business and tight when he came in. Another reason Milton started. Evidently Hooker can hoop and one of the coaches talked to him about having fun and playing loose like he does on the court. I love that our coaches talk about having fun. For years our all business and no fun approach led to robots who had no feel and had no fun either. I think it’s great.

OneForVol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

You have to have a plan, but you also have to rely on your natural senses and instincts. Can't be just one or the other, for sure.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just thinking about how we dropped playing Army, and then remembering butch jones' solution to the triple option being to line up a full 2 yards behind the LOS.

Whew.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

One of the weirdest things I’ve ever seen

TDVol1989 and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I believe that was all Butch's doings too. I've heard that he drove Bob Shoop crazy.

zehr27 and justingroves like this.
  15. Ssmiff

I assume reasoning would be to protect players legs from quick low blocks at the snap?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Let me stop you right there. This is Jones.

17. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

I’m sure he thought it was genius. But there’s a difference between Flute Boy reasoning and normally functioning human reasoning.

Memtownvol and A-Smith like this.
  18. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

It was reminiscent of what 50 defenses used to do with what they then called the middle guard when they faced a wishbone. The idea there was that it could make things much harder to block/execute and could force them to give your LBs a key towards where the ball was going.

What WE did though was have ALL down lineman 2 yards off the ball and where they were immediately getting driven back into the playside backers and the backside blockers were left free to get to the next level and flatten the next line of defense.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

As someone that plays the flute, I want to remind everyone that he was a damned trumpet player

Poppa T, Memtownvol, Volsdude and 3 others like this.
  20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Most tennessee football fans won't understand why the trumpet distinction matters, but it is as close to a personality diagnosis as anything devised by science.