POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

DeSantis makes Trump look like he has thick skin. We make fun of Putin for surrounding himself with nothing but yes men and ask why he can't see how clearly [uck fay]ed he is, while simultaneously demanding our politicians do the same.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Is it a stunt or is it firing someone that won't do the job his boss told him to do?

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He's an elected official. DeSantis isn't really his boss, but has some pathway for getting rid of him in certain circumstances through the Florida Constitution. I also think this isn't one of those circumstances and the DA will prevail in court.

Otherwise, the DA, as does any prosecutor, has discretion and there hadn't been any cases in regards to those controversial laws to come up, yet, in his county. The DA stated he felt the law regarding abortion wasn't constitutional (the Florida one) and he wouldn't prosecute people for an unconstitutional law. It was 100% political grandstanding, as usual, by DeSantis.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is a first amendment issue. He is getting removed as an elected official for his opinion.

5. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

$42.5 million in punitive damages

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Apparently, per popehat, that's gonna be severely limited due to Texas law. But I wish he'd have to pay out every penny he's ever earned or ever will earn.

TennTradition and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Oh, don’t worry. He’s still got trials in Connecticut coming up and they are going in dry there, for sure.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Good.

*insert picture of large donged black man sitting on bed here*

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

For those of you at work or around children when clicking this link, make sure you have headphones on

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Just saw a quote from Pelosi. In summary, “when I was little we used to try to dig a hole to China so there’s always been a connection with me there”

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

lol, not sure what to make of that.

justingroves likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Imagine the look on a young Nancy's face when her perfect Bugs Bunny tunnel to China instead connects with the bottom of the southern Indian Ocean. Antipodes, lady. Learn 'em if you are digging holes through the Earth.

justingroves likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

dodging a T Rex to dig a hole was a skill

NorrisAlan likes this.
  15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

She’d find the hollow earth before she’d get to China. Science, people.

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I wouldn’t touch her if I was a T. rex

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Regarding a component of the massive “Build Back Better” bill on the cusp of passing: is increasing the IRS funding by roughly 6x from a budget of 12 billion to a walloping budget of 80 billion dollars over the next few years actually a good thing? Dems and the IRS swear that the goal of adding 87k IRS agents isn’t designed to increase audits on middle/lower class Americans and small businesses. Should we believe them? Call me skeptical that the IRS increasing their size, power and scope is a wonderful thing we common Americans should be celebrating and showing appreciation for…but would be interested to hear other opinions on this

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/IN/IN11977

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2022/08/06/inflation-reduction-act-irs/

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/04/business/irs-audits-funding-congress.html

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/th...udit-taxes-middle-class-joe-biden-11659477320

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Small businesses will be getting audited like crazy.

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Small Business America should definitely be worried. I also wonder if it’s a long term play readying the IRS to squeeze out as much as they can from the estates of Boomers. But Dems and bureaucrats swear injecting the IRS with steroids is a wonderful thing for all of us. It’s what “building back better” looks like! Surely politicians and bureaucrats would never lie to us about their intentions of exponentially increasing the size and scope of the IRS.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

What exactly is the implication here? You think Democrats are after boomers and are planning to unleash the IRS on the poor and middle class?

I don't think that is the plan. I could be wrong. I have no insider information. But dang is that vilifying based on nothing. The IRS is clearly underfunded. Remember Card talking about returns not being processed for over a year?