Soccer Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tvolsfan, Mar 9, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I just get annoyed at the insinuation that is it my fault because I watch a fair amount of other sports but not as much of that. I don't watch golf at all, either because I personally don't find it interesting. I have no delusion that I personally could compete athletically with anything I watch, so it isn't some misogyny. I could and should watch less sports, not more. I push back very hard now when in a conversation someone implies there is something inherently sexist in the viewing numbers across men's and women's sports. How many games and sports do they watch? What are the standings? Who is a new player or up and coming team to watch? Get the [uck fay] out of here telling me it's sexist I watch every men's US soccer game but not every women's US soccer game if you don't have an answer. No different than a "big college football fan" that doesn't know their own team's backup quarterback. Or who their team plays today. Or when.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Bill Burr has a great rant about this very thing.

NSFW (duh)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2022
    justingroves likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

IP's got some preacher in him.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Now if they could also just get Josh Windass and Matt Longstaff

5. JohnnyQuickkick

I haven’t actually gotten over to Geodis Park yet but it appears that they just lowered it into the epicenter of hipsterdom. I’m at jackalope rn

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Are you implying that women's soccer trophies are significant?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

They are very significant to women's soccer.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

At some point, there will be enough countries who invest in women's sports where the US women's Title IX 50 year head start will dissipate. Most of them will be in Europe, but it's coming soon as to when the US can't simply show up and get, basically, exhibition games to knockout rounds. Not in this region, but western and northern Europe are going to get to our ladies' level within a generation.

9. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I think it'll come sooner, tbh. Unless I'm misunderstanding your definition of generation.

10. Unimane

I think about 10-15 years and they will have solidly back to the pack, never being ranked #1 again. They won't win all the tournaments through then, but they are clearly the best team in the world right now. This won't be true by then.

11. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

ten Hag going to make it to the World Cup break?

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

At some point you have to commit to a manager and the rebuild. ten Hag is a proven coach and the club has to give him the time to overhaul.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Man U relegation talk is enough to get me interested in this.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  14. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

They fire Ten Hag and they could very easily go the way of Everton. Rangnick was right when he said this club needs a deep deep overhaul. Everything about the club right now is toxic and it couldn't make me any happier to see, especially if you know the name Adam McKola and how much of a [Penis] he is. Now if I could get the same meltdown at Chelsea I'll be in heaven.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  15. JohnnyQuickkick

Letting Pogba leave and replacing him with Rabiot, who failed to replace Pogba when he left Juve for United in the first place, is probably not the answer

16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Dortmund up 2-0 after 85 minutes, lose 3-2 to Werder Bremen. Good god I love seeing them suffer. Hype club and nothing else. Also where is doozer? Arsenal looking like a CL club this year and the foreseeable future.

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Oh I’m here. I like what I’ve been seeing so far. I think this team could be special, but it’s still so early in the year. I also still think we need a winger and a CDM before the window closes.

But yeah, feels like the connection between the club and the fans is back. The vibes are really good right now and for the most part, the players are so likeable.

ptclaus98 likes this.
  18. Unimane

Yes, my Dortmund team shit the bed massively yesterday. Defense is awful.

Leeds today was a silver lining with Aaronson scoring a goal and playing great against a Chelsea club I love seeing struggle, especially since they've stuck Pulisic with the task of pulling a goal out of his ass in 15-20 minutes at the end of every match.

However, the guy who was really amazing today was Tyler Adams. He had Jorghino and the rest of Chelsea in his back pocket all game. He was everywhere, the type of performance we'll need in Qatar.

19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

If the magpies finish this off and there's a draw tomorrow I will be the happiest. I could even do with a Liverpool win, but this weekend has been amazing and the table has me feeling great

20. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I AM TUMESCENT