POLITICS President Trump: 100+ Mornings After (Term 1 Complete)

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by IP, Apr 30, 2017.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am too unfamiliar with these to see the connection.

2. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I form all my opinions of government abuse based on episodes of Star Trek.

Ssmiff likes this.
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's making a joke, I believe

Poppa T likes this.
  4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I too am convinced bug aliens are infesting our upper officials and planning for a trans-galactic invasion.

[​IMG]

Poppa T likes this.
  5. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Family Matters for me.

Poppa T likes this.
  6. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I agree. But you also have to know that people are going to jump to that conclusion when you do this. I don't love it, if for no other reason, than because it adds fuel to the fire for Trump and his followers.

And it is unprecedented. Doesn't mean it's not necessary. But he's not lying or wrong when he says it's unprecedented.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Multiple corrupt FBI agents in Absentia season 3

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

It's not her first time playing the "Trump's a victim" card and she's rapidly taken the MAGA positions more definitively as she gets more attention from doing so.

The problem I have with most of these politicians responding the way they do is they know better. Maybe not a small cadre, like the MTGs or Boebert, but they understand the situation far more rationally than their commentary lets on. So, my ultimate issue is they know better, yet still put out massively destabilizing comments because they are afraid to lose ground politically or see opportunity through chaos.

Now, I understand, it's politics and these are politicians. They are often shitty folks who rabble rouse for their own benefit while secretly knowing better. However, this one is a lot more unstable and dangerous. In the past, we'd have politicians who realize it's time to pull back the reins a little bit. I'm worried we don't have this environment now.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

She’s rightly called out the russiagate shitshow. That doesn’t mean she’s MAGA. I don’t think she agrees with Trump on much policy wise.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The DOJ and FBI should have known the shit show this would be come.

if it was just equal application they should have had their story straight and laid on their in full transparency. But that’s not what happen and it has become a shit show on both sides.

then you get into the plotted attack on the Michigan governor and how the fbi was involved in that, Russia gate stuff for years and years, and the IRS targeting groups under Obama.

the optics are horrible

11. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

I personally would rather hear a former President tell me why he took the shit that he was not supposed to take and why he did not give it back when he gave the other stuff back. The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I am not holding my breath.

12. Unimane

The Russiagate thing was pretty on point, but not from her. Trump was allowed to slide on it because of Barr manipulating the message with the Mueller Report. Otherwise, the many contacts were well documented. There were a number of things from the Mueller Investigation which he should have been impeached, but they effectively controlled the message prior to its release. I wonder if we'll ever get the whole report.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Okay.

zehr27 likes this.
  14. Unimane

There were ten specific incidents of obstruction of justice, the same charges against Bill Clinton, identified in the report alone. Yes, he should have been impeached then.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If they had anything solid on him from all the Russia investigations, he’d be hammered on it from the power players from both parties.

I don’t think trump is clean but he’s clearly not a Russian agent either.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

To play catchup.

1. $35 at BR? They didn't have anything that cheap in there 20+ years ago.

2. Why hasn't Trump released the warrant yet if it's so absurb?

3. Will always be a Tulsi fan -

[​IMG]

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

This guy gets it.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

There is a distinction between agent and asset. You don't need to be a conscious participant to be an asset.

19. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The IRS weren't targeting groups because they were tea party groups. They were targeting groups that played fast and loose with the tax rules which happened to contain a large number of tea part groups grifting. Just because your team can't follow the rules doesn't mean enforcement of those rules is a personal attack.

Russiagate would have buried any other president. Just because FSB agents weren't physically pulling the levers doesn't mean it was nothing burger. But unsurprising the Trump cult doesn't care about any of that - they still think Jan 6 is a liberal conspiracy.

The optics only suck if you believe that certain people are above the law. Otherwise the optics of an FBI raid as part of an ongoing investigation is pretty normal. It's nice to know that there are people out there that don't believe some animals are more equal than others. I wish everyone did.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Basically half of the country doesn't trust the FBI. The other half doesn't trust law enforcement, in general, but is totally cool with this latest incident. You have to be living under a rock to think there's not an optics issue here.

I'm open to the idea that the raid was justified, and I'd go as far as to say it damn sure better have been. If not, this is a disaster for the country.