Florida Game

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by zehr27, Sep 12, 2022.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I liked the gator chomp. The Florida pep band started playing the Jaws theme down 38-27 and Tennessee fans threw it back in their face. I enjoyed Smokey doing elbow drops in the end zone on the blow up gator even more.

Volsdude likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Apparently we have to be afraid of them. Or we deserve to lose.

3. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I remember watching the Florida band and fans mockingly Gator chomp Rocky Top. Any of them who were pissed off about the Neyland Stadium mockery of their chomp can eat shit

Memtownvol and SetVol13 like this.
  4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I personally hate premature smack because it feels awful if you lose.

That said I think having a bit of swagger and confidence in the home environment helps. It didn’t lose us the game, and it isn’t the reason we came close to losing. We probably got a little too conservative on offense, Florida made some great plays, and…well, our secondary is a weakness. But Florida has the confidence against us to come out and play their best game every damn time. Won’t hurt us to come in feeling like we’re going to win. Especially up double-digits with five minutes left.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't want them leaving with smiles and warm fuzzies. I'm glad if they're butt hurt about it. Good. What is the objective of doing the chomp to other teams?

The SEC isn't a social club. Drive safe and [uck fay] off back to your swamp.

Memtownvol, ole_orange and NorrisAlan like this.
  6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Lol…For the life of me I have no earthly idea what you are even trying to communicate in this thread. Are you ok?

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Ainge’s mock chomp was not ok

tvolsfan likes this.
  8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Exactly. About time one of our rivals was forced to bask in misery and anger because of us.

Also, anyone associated with Florida *EVER* crying about sportsmanship is peak irony

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

You agreed with ssmiff. Ssmiff was agreeing with my post that our fans singing Rocky Top while we were on offense, leading to a penalty, was dumb.

Everyone called me an idiot when I said it, so now I’m calling you an idiot to mock them.

Does that help?

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's trying to twist what you said as being akin to what he said. But I don't think you called our fans the stupidest or rung your hands about the chomping meaning they would deserve it if UT lost. You're talking about being more helpful towards winning.

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

A lot of Florida fans we saw left happy. They felt like they had no business winning and still almost won, making us look foolish in the process.

Small sample size, though. Maybe others were butt hurt. If so, good. [uck fay] em.

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Looking back through the pbp…the really inexcusable thing is letting Florida gain 71 yards on three completed passes with a minute to go. If there’s ever a time to keep it in front of you and give up the short plays, it’s then. We’re out here giving up 30 yarders, and it almost bit us. They take 2-3 more plays to drive the field and the game is over before the onside kick.

Memtownvol likes this.
  13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I didn’t call our fans the stupidest either. I said they were embarrassing. And then I said:

The second part is the EXACT thing he said he agreed with. I’m not “twisting” anything. It’s the exact same [uck fay]ing thing. Maybe you’re too “stunned” to know what’s going on.

14. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Gator chomp shmator chomp. I don’t give a shit. How amazing is it to watch someone else’s team go for 2 for no explainable reason and have it blow up in their face to end the game?? I thought BN was a good hire but that guy is a bona fide tard the likes of which we’ve seen too many times on our own sideline. Refreshing.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]

Memtownvol, SetVol13, A-Smith and 3 others like this.
  16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

My bad, I skipped over most of your posts in this specific thread pages ago after you started the Gator chomp tirade on the heels of Tennessee busting through the top 10 after vanquishing one of our biggest rivals.

My post was a simple acknowledgement of agreement to Scmiff about how our band needs to put down their damn instruments and cut the song short when the offense has already lined up for the next play.

Trying to keep up with and understand your thought process within this particular thread about whatever the hell is pissing you off is a futile effort

IP likes this.
  17. volsforever27

volsforever27 Member

I just lurk here every once in a while, so some may not care what I have to say.

[uck fay] Florida. [uck fay] the Gators. [uck fay] the chomp.

I don't care when we do it (mock the chomp). We should have done it during the opening kickoff.

They suck, their fans suck, and their program sucks. I grew up in Jacksonville surrounded by it. If they have an opportunity to make fun of us during a game, believe me they'd take it.

Just my opinion.

18. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Idk if it’s been said here yet. I like Garth Brooks as much as the next guy I guess, but having Friends in low places be your song for right as the 4th quarter starts is pretty stupid.

Tar Volon likes this.
  19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I get it, man. Reading is hard. But you do you.

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

You cannot be serious with this take. Are you sure you attended the same stadium we all did today? The Florida fans in Knoxville were [uck fay]ing pissed. You could see it in all their faces. They were rudely reminded today why they hate Tennessee. And it was glorious.

I ask again, are you ok?

tvolsfan and IP like this.