Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I just saw the score of the Minnesota-Mich State game yesterday. Yowza. Good thing that MSU gave Mel Tucker a fully guaranteed $95 million extension after last season…..

yont sum iss? and justingroves like this.
  3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I pray we never give Heupel anything like that until he wins two Natties. This contracts are anchors around your program is they don't work out

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

VolDad and Unimane like this.
  5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He tried to live by the transfer portal instead of recruiting and it's catching up to him.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Looks like Georgia Tech has fired their coach and AD.

Generally hate to see a coach get fired but it was bullshit that in his first spring game lining up in the flex and then shifting to his modern spread offense.

They’ve only scored 50 something points so far this year.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Deion Sanders come on down.

8. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Whoo Boy. That's a great match.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

At the least he would load that roster up and be a major pain on the recruiting trail to Georgia.

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I don’t hate the idea of Deion Sanders coaching for tech. For all his quirks and baggage, you can’t deny he is a larger than life charismatic character who could sign recruits. What do they have to lose? Not like it can get any worse. I’m unsure if he’d leave Jackson State because he seems fully invested in building up HBCU football, but Tech should definitely give him serious consideration. That program needs some serious rebranding

11. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I am not sure why he would give them serious consideration. Tech is not committed to winning football.

IP likes this.
  13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Because he's an ATL folk hero and having a chance to become the King of Atlanta as the guy who makes Tech a powerhouse might be alluring to him? But yea, Tech would certainly would have to work with him on lowering min requirements for scholarship athletes. Doubtful they would ever do that. Universities like Tech typically don't make special admission concessions for athletes.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

This is true. He is beloved in Atlanta and has ACC ties. I heard his name also floated around Auburns soon to be opening.

15. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

That would be something else. Hard to picture Auburn’s control freak boosters pursuing that but crazier things have happened.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'd personally love seeing Saban and Deion in AFLAC commercials as the head men at Bama and Auburn. The entire state would cancel their coverage.

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Kentucky going to come back to earth today

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

McAfee is perfect for Gameday.

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  19. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Maybe we aren’t either, but UK is definitely not a top 10 team. And any team that drafts Will Levis with a top pick will regret it.

justingroves and utvol0427 like this.
  20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I just turned it on for 5 minutes and it was constant Will Levis verbal fellatio and I don’t get it