Alabama Streak Ending Thoughts…

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Oct 15, 2022.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Fitting that his hiring was the start of the shit show we endured for a decade and he was on the opposing sideline when we officially put it all behind us.

IP likes this.
  2. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

I was ignorant of that, it makes the win bigger.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

You will enjoy her interview on Finebaum Friday. She also said that her goal is to make everyone associated with the University (alumni, students, etc.) proud of the University of Tennessee.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

He might have been too busy losing again yesterday to have noticed.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
    tvolsfan, IP, Volokie and 1 other person like this.
  5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I still don't give a damn about the whole state of Alabama.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Good to read you. Would be interested in your thoughts on Banks sometime. I think he may be managing what would have been a fatal lack of defensive backs.

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Hate him if you want, but ubben following the goalposts around is great.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I like Ubben

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Just documenting the destruction of public property.

Sorry, I am not so quick to forget

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Heup, Hooker, Hyatt, Banks and D Wright all made themselves some money last night

11. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I likr groves' take. He wasn't perfect but the guy flew around like his hair was on fire. He showed what max effort can produce.

His tackles on their RB were key. He kept his eyes on center mass resisting the jukes & stutters & just got him down like a go to LB should do.

Memtownvol likes this.
  12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Tim Banks

JayVols likes this.
  13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I liked Ubben.

InVolNerable likes this.
  14. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is going on my wall

IMG_20221016_081649.jpg

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Welp now I understand why we are down 1000 students at MTSU. Oh well...I'll take it!

16. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I can’t say it enough. That Fumble 6 is the epitome of Tennessee football in big games for the last 12 years. That was it! Predictable and scripted.

What is new is we didn’t lose our composure. I don’t know what Heupel has done to the heads of these players but it is flat out amazing how they just keep coming. Butch would say snap and clear but he couldn’t make it happen. Heupel is a great offensive mind but the mental stability of this team is unbelievable

17. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Idk what he’s done either, but even I was confident all week that we were going to hand them their asses. Not necessarily that we’d win, but they’d shit their pants at least a few times throughout the game. It really has been an exercism/exorcism.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  18. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Jeremy Banks was everywhere.

19. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

It’s my phone wallpaper at the moment

20. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

I told someone after the game about that UCF player’s quote (I may be off slightly) where he said “what makes us good is Coach Heup let’s us play with our nuts out.”

Perhaps more sound bite than profound thought, but I think it’s in line with what you said. Teams take on the personality of their coaches much of the time. And this Tennessee team by god plays with their nuts out.

They know Alabama is a far more talented team, they simply could not give a fiddler’s f**k. They stood tall and took each Alabama punch and never blinked.

Memtownvol, TDVol1989 and reVOLt like this.