Alabama Streak Ending Thoughts…

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by NYY, Oct 15, 2022.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Poppa T and hohenfelsvol like this.
  2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Everybody agrees we need horses in the secondary but I don’t even think they were that bad Saturday. Sometimes you tip your hat to the other guy. There were plenty of times he had to hold the ball, you can’t expect any secondary to cover some of the plays he made after moving around

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also, good non-SEC teams just aren't going to be exposed or challenged much during the season.

Memtownvol and JT5 like this.
  4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The feeling of inevitability defenses must get when playing us has to be taxing.

A-Smith and utvol0427 like this.
  5. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Nearly lost to Texas, though Texas seems to be pretty good. I don’t care as much about the near loss to A&M as some seem to. They were missing their heisman QB.

They have some holes and make a TON of mistakes. Still a top team, and if they can clean up the mistakes, they’re very good.

A-Smith likes this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't mean to take anything away from Hooker but I feel that way about this staff, they don't flinch, therefore the team doesn't.

Hendon is amazing, but they all feel like spokes in the offensive wheel

VolDad, OneForVol and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. JohnnyQuickkick

We would’ve beat the ever loving hell out of them if Bryce Young didn’t play

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Hard to disagree.

9. JohnnyQuickkick

At the end of the day Gibbs had about 100 yards and 3 TDs but when you look at what he’d been doing to everyone else, have to feel good about that

Memtownvol likes this.
  10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Took his most carries of the season to get to his third-highest yardage. His fourth highest, 11 yards behind, came on 15 fewer carries.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

When Banks wasn't harassing Young he was tackling Gibbs for a gain of 3. He did get beat by the TE a few times in coverage.

They did a great job containing Gibbs

Tar Volon and Memtownvol like this.
  12. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I've never seen that happen. I think the odds you have are a little low.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

If they had to play Milroe this would’ve been more lopsided than 1995

utvol0427, A-Smith and justingroves like this.
  14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

The bammers are somewhat mad about the game still. Just a bit. This was in response to an article describing Saban's comments in today's press conference.
    Screenshot_20221017-205208.png

Based on his one pic available to the public on his facebooks profile, he loves the Bible, handguns, and 'merica.

15. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Just thought I’d drop by and say [uck fay] Bama in case y’all haven’t heard it today.

16. UTVolinExile

UTVolinExile Chieftain

11381746.jpg
    Now this here story I'm about to unfold took place back in the early '20s - just about the time of our conflict with Saban and the Bammers. I only mention it because sometimes there's a team... I won't say heroes, 'cause what're heroes? But sometimes, there's a team...and I'm talkin' about the Vols here...sometimes, there's a team, well, they're the team for their time and place. They fit right in there. And that's the Vols. In Knoxville. And even if they're an underrated team...and the Vols was most certainly that. Quite possibly the most underrated in Knox County, which would place them high in the runnin' for most underrated worldwide...Sometimes there's a team... Sometimes, there's a team. Ah, I lost my train of thought here. But... aw, hell. I done introduced 'em enough.

VolDad, justingroves and IP like this.
  17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

And then the band played Down the Field. Felt like it was the 90s or something.

(Didn't they discontinue it for awhile? It seems like they were going straight into Rocky Top until recently)

18. JohnnyQuickkick

The quote from Saban about his guys not knowing what to do when they saw an I formation was something

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Basically admitting Heup surprised them in another way. He freaking ate Sabans lunch and drank his coke

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That was funny but it's pretty crazy how much the game has changed