Third Saturday in October

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Oct 8, 2022.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'm not assuming guilt. I'm assuming that a 6'3" 220 pound college receiver likely put his hands on his ex-girlfriend in a physical manner, which in 99.99999% of situations is completely unacceptable. Whether he was guilty of a crime or they were both beating the shit out of each other, I have no idea, but I don't think there is much doubt that he did something violent towards her.

It's just funny that Tennessee fans are worked up over the Burton thing (rightfully) without even the slightest bit of hesitation to cheer for McCoy.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Video of a dude in pads just tagging a UT fan keeps assumption of guilt out of the equation.
    I don’t know what Bru did or didn’t do. He either was aggressive and put his hands on a woman, was defending himself from a psycho, or neither.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Regarding Burton, they are the biggest, strongest men on the field. Covered head to toe in protective gear. And he was afraid of a 110 pound girl in a skirt.

I hope the ribbing he will get for that will be worse than any penalty that Saban could impose.

Memtownvol, Nannerpuss and zehr27 like this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

The lesson here is that if you are going to hit a woman, do it while clearly wearing a Bama jersey to escape any consequences. If no one sees you hit her, they can't know if you had on a bama jersey and you might have to sit out or transfer whether you hit her or not. Not hitting her may not be enough. You need to wear a Bama jersey and hit her on camera to be safe.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

BTW, DW has his marching orders and has started the inevitable shilling for Saban and the helpless Burton.

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I have a feeling the media love for UT lasted about as long as it could. Why we seem to be hated by so much of the media, I have no [uck fay]ing clue. I don't remember doing anything that would piss people off more than say, Bama or UGA or any other southern school.

Of course, it could be my own cognitive bias seeing slights where there are none.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee has beat all of the media guys' schools at something and we, the fanbase, talked shit while doing it

InVolNerable likes this.
  8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Hate us cause they ain't us.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

We are worked up because Burton was caught doing something wrong dead to rights. McCoy was cleared easily and before that was suspended just based on an allegation that was easily proven not to be true later. How hard is that to understand. Your comparison is not good.

Memtownvol likes this.
  10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Chris Fowler still pissed people got pissed at him 20 years ago. UT fans respond and yes overreact. With twitter, etc, they can’t slip up or we will be there to remind more so than any other fanbase

Memtownvol likes this.
  11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Our Twitter fanbase is unmatched. Imo

Memtownvol and TDVol1989 like this.
  12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I hope that someone will ask Saban at some point in the future if Barton is still afraid of girls or did counseling cure him.

Memtownvol and Nannerpuss like this.
  13. Nannerpuss

Nannerpuss Member

It’s obvious to anyone with eyeballs that the girl purposely assaulted Jermaine Burton’s scared fist with her face. - Fowler/Herbie/Wolken/Sankey/Saban/etc.

If the VOLS meet them in Atlanta I hope they give that girl sideline passes and parade her around with media attention all week long.

Memtownvol likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Has anyone even talked to her? Do we know how she saw it? If she is okay?

zehr27 likes this.
  15. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I haven’t gotten the impression anywhere that’s mentioned the incident that she’s interested in taking it any further.

A-Smith likes this.
  16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I've seen a couple of people report that she declined to comment. Maybe she got offered money to shut up or maybe she just doesn't like this kind of attention.

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I figured they’d claim she used the N word and everyone would just kind of move on.

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

So, you don't think McCoy did anything wrong or questionable in the situation at USC, where he was arrested for "felony intimate partner violence" and the DA referred to the situation as domestic violence?

19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Nope. It was dropped and the girl is bat shit crazy. Big part of why his family wanted him out of Cali. Now if something happens again I will eat crow without hesitation. Abuse is not tolerated.

I actually was worried about him when we took him but talked to some people that knew more about what happened and I changed my view of him.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2022
  20. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I mean I figured that’s what Saban was implying when he said there’s more to it we don’t know and he isn’t going to go into it.