The Ice Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Joseph Brant, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

They were great sweaters until the last iteration in Hartford when they went with darker "cooler" colors.

2. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

990 straight games and 400 goals for Phil tonight. He took so much shit in Toronto for being the best player on freaking awful teams. I'd put him in the HOF but such a large portion of the electorate is GTA based that he'll never make it.

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Hell of a record. Way more impressive than Ripken's baseball streak.

Equine Ducklings likes this.
  4. Equine Ducklings

Equine Ducklings New Member

Interesting. I would take one of McDavid, Matthews, Makar, or Kaprizov for the future before Tkachuk.

InVolNerable likes this.
  5. InVolNerable

Kaprizov and Tkachuk are close for me. But I'd lean Kap on the contingency that he can't go back to Russia ever.

6. InVolNerable

7. InVolNerable

[uck fay]ing Boston

8. Equine Ducklings

[uck fay]ing calgary

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Yep. I was at the game tonight. Calgary was shit.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Might be time for a reboot in StL

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

So, a player is ineligible to play because of a bullying incident when he was fourteen? Why not use the hair pulling of little Susie Q when he was 7 as well?

Wtf?

12. JohnnyQuickkick

I haven’t followed up on it but all I can figure is there’s more to it, otherwise I’m like you

13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

It’s more than just a typical case of bullying though.

“In 2016, Miller and a classmate were found delinquent in an Ohio juvenile court on charges of assault and a violation of the Ohio Safe Schools Act. The pair were accused and found guilty of urging a developmentally disabled African American classmate, Isaiah Meyer-Crothers, to eat a piece of candy that they had wiped along a urinal, repeated bullying of Meyer-Crothers, and repeatedly calling him a (racial slur). Surveillance video also captured them kicking and punching Meyer-Crothers”

Also fair to point out that, according to a lot of people, has shown no remorse and never apologized to the victim or his family.

14. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Well, the last 72 hours top firing Bruce Cassidy.

15. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I sure as hell didn’t see this coming. Still a long way to go, but one hell of a way to start a season.

16. Equine Ducklings

17. InVolNerable

Ovechkin now has the record for most goals scored on the road and most game opening goals.

403 goals on the road in 652 games. Gretzky had the record, but did it in 742 games.

Just had a hat trick last night to get him to 800 total. 3rd best all-time, 1 behind second place Gordie, and only 92 away from Gretzky's all-time record

18. JohnnyQuickkick

19. JohnnyQuickkick

The way St Louis is going I’d put about the same money on winning the cup or missing the playoffs altogether

20. InVolNerable

The current leader of the Western conference would only qualify for the playoffs in the East as a wild card team, lol.