Bowl Season

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 27, 2022.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

We've made some bad QBs look like once in a generation talent.

2. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

“The tape don’t lie” Rodney Garner, defensive line coach

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I was walking my dog this morning and it dawned on me (as the literal dawn was happening).

The season is over.

Already.

[uck fay].

IP, A-Smith, CitrusCo.Vol and 2 others like this.
  4. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

That’s fair, but if roles were exactly reversed there’s no way we would be above Alabama. So they can go [uck fay] themselves.

IP and utvol0427 like this.
  5. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

And what was different I was in a better mood all season vs the last 15 seasons

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Last 15 years:

VOLinDAWGland and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Our situation is definitely interesting. The South Carolina loss looked a lot worse when it happened than it does a week later. They’re now an undeniable top 20 team, and our defense followed that game up with a shut out the following week.

Probably won’t matter either way, but this past weekend went about as good as it could for us, with regards to the USCjr loss.

8. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Honestly with as big of an asshole as Dabo is - and the shot he took at Tennessee - I would love for Clemson to win the ACC Championship and for us to play them and absolutely beat the ever living shit out of Clemson in the Orange Bowl at this point. That would be a good ending to the year in a NY6 Bowl and taking down that twatface and his shitty team.

Memtownvol, IP, MaconVol and 6 others like this.
  9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Still some logic out there.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We just kinda gloss over this as a fanbase, forgetting where we were for 4 years with JG and Pruitt, every damn Saturday. Olympic medal winning weekend ruiners of the world. Like being stuck in a cell with no hope. From Friday till Sunday and they will always owe me for taking that away. I owe this group.

ole_orange, IP, Tar Volon and 5 others like this.
  12. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Plus they arguably took our spot in the CFB hiarchy while we were wallowing in self inflicted misery. Time to kick them back to that poor man's Auburn program where they belong.

13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Adrian Martinez got hurt midseason—their backup has played the last four games, and had them up 28-10 on TCU before he got injured and the third-stringer had to finish it out.

14. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

I watched him numerous times including in person at Nebraska. Pretty much the same as Gitmo.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

Dabo saying anything about tennessee means we are a factor out on the recruiting trail, imo

16. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Orange Bowl it is.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Alabama ranked ahead of us proves the system is total bull shit.

Poppa T, Memtownvol and Duckman like this.
  19. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

What a joke.

20. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

From the CFP official website:

"When circumstances at the margins indicate that teams are comparable, then the following criteria must be considered:

-Championships won
    -Strength of schedule
    -Head‐to‐head competition (if it occurred)
    -Comparative outcomes of common opponents (without incenting margin of victory)"

.....except in cases where they don't feel like it.