Bowl Season

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 27, 2022.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Still would love it if we could somehow find our way into the Rose Bowl now that the Big 10 is getting two CFP teams

2. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

It will be interesting to see how far USC falls and Utah rises. If USC is ranked anywhere close to Utah then the Committee loses what little credibility they had.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2022
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

They can bs it by saying while recent results matter, losses in championship games should not count as much as regular season losses.

4. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The logical problem they’re going to run into is that Utah had 3 losses, so putting them ahead of 2 loss teams would be tough. And USC has lost to them twice now, so you can’t put USC ahead of them despite having less losses.

The moral of the story is that, as we said all year, the PAC12 just isn’t that good. They don’t have a single team that belongs in that top, playoff contending group.

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Utah is their champion and got beat by an average Florida that lost to Vandy. Ya, that is not a good conference. Tennessee blew that Vandy team out, but the pac 12 dropped a game to a team that got comfortably beaten by them.

6. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Probably already answered but a cursory search yielded nothing:

If osu is in now, what happens if tcu loses today?

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

TCU is in no matter what. If they lose and fall out to a 2 loss team that finished 4th in their division all hell will break lose as it should.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Unless they get beat by 20+. At that point, no one says much.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It would take 30 points+ to even start the conversation.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Not convinced TCU is in. Feel like the committee is looking for any reason to drop them.

BigOrangeBeech likes this.
  11. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Well the committee puts more weight on big losses than close wins v good teams so…we might see. I don’t think the committee wants TCU to lose. That starts a lot of controversy. No matter who they pick it will be messy

12. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I don’t know what annoys me more, the fact that Ohio State is going to get in, despite the Big Ten being completely garbage, or the fact that if they were somehow not to make it, the next team up would be Alabama.

IP likes this.
  13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I’m annoyed that Ohio State wanted to steal the Orange Bowl and made me cheer for them to snag a playoff spot.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  14. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

The announcers alluded at halftime here of the TCU/KSU game that even if KSU goes on to win that TCU is still in the CFB Playoff. They are saying the committee won't penalize TCU for playing in the title game and losing to a team they've already beaten this year. They just make whatever shit up they want as they go. It's [uck fay]ing stupid. I think they should just go to a 16 team playoff instead of 12 that way no one has a buy in round one and be done with it. If you are 14-18 and miss the playoff I won't feel too sorry for those teams. But even with 12 teams it will still be better than this total bullshit that's going on this year. You'd actually think that with this disaster scenario potentially playing out today that they'd go ahead and just do the playoff next year instead of holding it back an extra season. They can't say that it's not possible because we all know they can do whatever they want.

IP likes this.
  15. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Someone telling these refs not to let TCU lose this game. That was 100% a fumble and not a pass. He held the ball because he knew it was about to be knocked down and the defender made a hell of a headsy play by just punching the ball out of his hands.

16. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Inching ever closer to the anarchy situation. Committee has to be sweating bullets

17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Really not an anarchy situation. TCU was a lock unless they lost by 7 touchdowns.

A-Smith likes this.
  18. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yeah, as much as I don’t think they belong, leaving out TCU because of a close loss in their title game would be wrong.

19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

It’s too bad we couldn’t have started the 12 team playoff this year.

20. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Yeah unless the wheels completely fall off in the last 10 minutes for TCU I think they’re pretty safe as #4. Even though we all know they aren’t one of the four best teams in the country.