Bowl Season

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 27, 2022.

1. dknash

dknash Chieftain

That loss has been coming for like 2 and a half months now. I'm probably just residually annoyed by the playoff committee putting us behind them after the Georgia game.

justingroves likes this.
  2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

By all accounts the 4 teams are set at this point. If UGA and Michigan lose tonight, we'd have 4, 1 loss teams in the playoffs, none having won their conference. Would be hilarious. Under the expanded playoffs rules none would get the 1st round bye

justingroves and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  3. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

It just irritates me even more that we lost to SoCar

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He is

zehr27 likes this.
  5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I guess the one result we still need is Georgia over LSU, or else LSU steals the Sugar and Bama gets the orange.

Not sure if I can bring myself to cheer for Georgia though—them choking away an SEC title two years running would be funny enough to be worth the Cotton downgrade

A-Smith and NorrisAlan like this.
  6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Assuming Georgia wins. Which despite the stat lines looks probable.

7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

They intercepted a pass that bounced off a Tiger helmet. They’re not losing

justingroves and TennTradition like this.
  8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

10-4. Thought you were serious.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If Georgia pounds LSU and Michigan wins we may move ahead of Bama to get the Sugar.

10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Honestly I think I’d prefer the Orange. Clemson is worse than Kansas State, and you still get more respect for beating them.

11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Besides New Years on South Beach > New Years in NOLA. NOLA just ain’t what it used to be anymore

VOLinDAWGland, TDVol1989 and zehr27 like this.
  12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

13. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

14. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

The case for Bama over UT is even worse after this game. LSU will have as many losses as USCjr and will be ranked very closely to them.

Each team will have a road loss to a 4 loss, top 20 team. We have a loss to UGA, the obvious #1 team, and they have a loss to us. Oh, and we beat the shit out of the other team they lost to.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

One of these things is not like the other.

40 - 13
    31 - 32
    50 - 30

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It means next year we need a quality loss, and not so many quality wins.

Anyone can win. Not anyone can barely lose!

A-Smith, IP, Memtownvol and 3 others like this.
  17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If Michigan loses to Purdue, the Big 10 should be out entirely, not rewarded with 2 teams.

ole_orange, IP, Volgrad98 and 2 others like this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

It'll be funny when UGA blows out its two playoff opponents a lot worse than 2 scores which was oh so dominant as to push UT out of the top 4.

Memtownvol likes this.
  19. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Hypothetically, if for whatever reason the committee puts Tennessee at 4, we’d probably play Michigan, Milton’s ex…predict the score on that one. I’ve given up on hope for the playoff and can’t wait for the bowl reveal.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
  20. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

My 13 year old daughter who just started watching and paying attention this year to Tennessee - and now all of college football - is pretty intelligent on the subject for a new fan. She asked why should TCU get in the playoffs if they just lost and did that game not even matter? I told her this is a life lesson - people are going to do whatever they want to do and come up with whatever reason they decide to make up to let you know why they are right. She said well that's depressing. I told her that's just life.

Then she said so if TCU don't make it though and the 4 teams are Georgia, Michigan, Alabama, and Ohio State who would you want to win? I told her that I could only hope a meteor wipes us all out so I won't have to worry about it before that day. Her eyes got really big and she said BRO..........and then walked into the other room and told her mother that I would rather everyone on earth die than to have those 4 teams in the playoffs. She still has a ways to go on her fandom and understanding pure hatred.

Memtownvol and NorrisAlan like this.