Lady Vols

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by Unimane, Nov 10, 2021.

1. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Welp, their best player may have just torn an ACL

Now Harper has a built-in excuse to underachieve

2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

The transfer they got from State?

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Lady Vols got a commitment from the #3 player in the country for 2025 today. I'm not sure Harper will be there to coach her. They are a horribly coached team and about to lose again.

4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Uni srsly, how do you watch womens hoops?

5. Unimane

I like basketball. I like Tennessee. I also work at home in front of the tv. It all fits.

6. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

I can’t say that I care much about the Lady Vols, but them sucking is a damn shame and it’s just wrong. I hope Danny White gets a crack at hiring a coach.

10SEvols, Tar Volon and justingroves like this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

There will be some that resist a change because the current coach is a Vol.

8. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

[uck fay] em

they eventually got over losing Holly. They can deal with losing Kellie too.

whether you care about the program or not, it’s in your best interest as a UT fan for it to win. Pat had them pretty close to a financial break-even for a while. Now they bleed money because of the mediocrity. Every dollar they lose is a dollar that could go to something you do care about

9. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

The doomsday clock may be starting for Kellie Harper. They just lost two more games in the Bahamas. This could become the first ever LV team to miss the NCAAT if the ship isn’t righted quickly.

10. Unimane

Remember a month ago when we had all our sports in the top ten? Well, this one won't be.

justingroves likes this.
  11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Lady Vols blow another one lat
    Watched today with my 5 yr old daughter. Try to get as many women's sports on when she watches with me so she can see how competitive/athletic girls can be (she has two brothers so she gets a bit intimidated at times, but she's an absolute beast amongst peers).

The effort down the stretch today vs Gonzaga was pathetic. We had that game wrapped, and we gave it away. Kelly is on par with Butch as a coach, likeability withstanding. Absolutely [uck fay]ing terrible in the clutch.

She asked if we "Can we go back to soccer instead. You don't get as mad." Which pissed me off even more about that shitty ass effort.

Get rid of Harper. You can tell by the way players play/finish whether the coach is the one. Harper is not it. Absolutely pathetic finish.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2022
    justingroves likes this.
  12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Get a lacrosse stick in her hand soon. If she is a little competitor and has some agility, she will have fun. Not much contact allowed in girls and no hitting at all. If my son gets by a defender there is a 6’3 180 kid with a longer defensive pole ready to joust him or lay a shoulder. Girls can’t do that so ones who have some good feet can dominate. Same goes for the boys. Spent years and years in baseball and soccer. Watching a live lacrosse game with some skill on the field and your kid in the middle of it is very entertaining. Back and forth. Could be 80 shots in a 14-13 game full of hits.

13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Yeah, I played in college.

14. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Holly Warlick was a supremely shitty coach. Kellie Harper makes her look like prime Pat.

15. KyleAlexanderfan

I actually figured she was a slight step up from Warlick. Guess not.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

She's the Bill Battle and Jerry Green of women's basketball.

17. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

Maybe the bright side is she's making the eventual decision to fire her easier

18. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Tough blow for this team as they have to shut down Tamari Key for the season. UT doctors found blood clots in her lungs. Glad that they found out before it turned into a heart attack or stroke.

19. KyleAlexanderfan

Just the excuse Kellie needed for this season.

20. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Well, at least we did not fold in 1H vs UConn. "Only" 4 pts down.

Crazy stat.
    UConn 1st half 40 pts./1st qtr - 33 pts