Josh Huepel gets a raise.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by The Dooz, Sep 16, 2022.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's been much better than I expected

warhammer likes this.
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Much much much much better for me. I thought we had another chucklehead on our hands, as I really didn't know much about him as an OC or a HC.

A-Smith and Volgrad98 like this.
  3. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

4. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Same.

5. ...and you get a raise, and you get a raise...

It is so nice to finally see what appears to be a proactive approach to competing at the highest levels in all sports.

peelwonder and NorrisAlan like this.
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

When you make money, you get paid

TDVol1989 likes this.
  7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I knew we'd score. I did not know if we could also win.

Happy to be proven wrong.

8. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I thought Heupel would have a good offense, but we'd be stuck in Oklahoma State or Mike Leach territory. So, we'd win some games 55-48, but then have more times like what happened at South Carolina. It seems like we are serious about playing defense, based on the recruiting, so the one last hurdle to my believing in his greatness is being addressed.

9. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

White has been our best AD that I can remember.

InVolNerable, VolDad and justingroves like this.
  10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's the best since Dickey, he's also the first since Dickey to realize football pays the bills

11. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Hiring him was almost as important as what he’s actually done as AD. Hiring someone so well respected in the industry and giving him a bunch of money should’ve been a sign to all of us that we were serious about sports again.

12. NorrisAlan

Or at least not resent it.

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

He's better than Dickey, in my opinion. Dickey cared almost solely about football, but White is better for all sports while still understanding the bread is buttered by football. However, if you can make some more sports self-sustaining, then you are doing well.

14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I didn't think the SEC office would just say, "[uck fay] it" and roll over to him. Before the end of summer '09, Mike Slive had already reprimanded Kiffin more than he did Saban from '07-'18.

justingroves likes this.
  15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Screenshot_20230125-161559.png

utvol0427 likes this.
  16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

USC would have paid whatever after they struck out on their first 2 guys and we're getting nervous. It was also a really stupid low buyout number.

17. NorrisAlan

When was the last time our entire fanbase, or at least 99% of it, was totally behind a coach this much? 1977?

Daddy Gee and VOLinDAWGland like this.
  18. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

It took Majors a lot longer to get rolling which burned through some reputation capital.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

This.

To answer the question though, I'd say the last time the fan base was at this same level of confidence in the HC was around 6PM on Dec 8th 2001

20. NorrisAlan

I think there was a large percentage of the fanbase that 1992 Night of Long Knives would never make them happy with Fulmer.

TDVol1989 and IP like this.