The Death of Ahmaud Arbery

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, May 5, 2020.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

it’s bad. Police were out of control. One hurt his knee, 2 got pepper sprayed, got pissed and lost it.
    Is it ok to wonder:
    —what led to him being cornered at the light. Had they been chasing him? Pretty aggressive stop.
    —why can’t 4 big strong guys get a 145 lb guy cuffed and in the car.
    —people can get pissed all they want, but laying down, giving up the hands and not saying a word or moving would have likely had a different result.
    It’s awful all the way around. Looked like guys from a gym wearing police uniforms, untrained and out of control. Of course nothing warrants what happened.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I would not be shocked.

3. Ssmiff

Uni I heard this yesterday but haven’t brought it up for various reasons.

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's less wild than 5 cops just deciding to kill a guy

zehr27 likes this.
  5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

At this point, unfortunately, cops deciding to kill people isn't all that shocking or uncommon.

SetVol13, warhammer and VolDad like this.
  6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

This absolutely breaks my heart. Beaten to death by 5 large men with instruments of pain (batons, pepper spray, tasers, fist, etc.) while screaming out in pain calling for him Mom.

While this is the extreme, you see it every day:
    - Bad cops enraged by someone not immediately kneeling to their perceived authority
    - Bad cops walking all over our Rights. I saw a video today of an Attorney stopped by a NJ Trooper. He was mad because she would not answer his questions (i.e. Do you know why I stopped you?). He arrested her for obstruction. While putting her in cuffs he reads her Miranda rights. "You have the right to remain silent..." Charges were dropped. There must not be an IQ test during the recruitment process.
    - Bad cops standing by and watching; then signing off on fraudulent reports.
    - Bad cops turning off body cams to protect themselves
    - Police Unions, Chiefs, DAs, internal affairs, etc. who not only look the other way but mount vigorous defenses of Bad Cops. "We investigated ourselves and found no wrong doing"
    - Bad Cops lying to harass persons of color (reckless driving, tinted windows, loud muffler, looking suspicious, air freshener, etc.)

[uck fay] them, [uck fay] them, [uck fay] them all.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  7. CardinalVol

This has was more of a feel of those idiots in Georgia than the other stuff. You cant in any way argue this was policing. This was hunting.

zehr27 and IP like this.
  8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

We must get to the point where body cameras can't even be turned off by Cops on their end. Maybe that's not practical because of issues like storing all that video footage on a central server somewhere or other practical considerations such as bathroom breaks, ect. However anyone on duty in a standard cop uniform that is not undercover should have their body camera automatically flipped on and kept on as soon as they radio in that they are engaging with any type of situation. Maybe even have a centralized video control room like sports leagues have that monitors cops in real time so that someone can chime in ordering them to cut the shit or deescalate a situation if they start to see something go astray....

Just spit balling ideas...anything that helps prevent Cops in a modern, 1st world society like ours from mistreating citizens as if we are all subjects stuck in Mediaeval Times.

9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Also, end qualified immunity.

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Also had not seen the gang related rumors with this but have for years heard rumors of dirty, corrupt cops in Memphis specifically. That beating didn't look random.

And I hate invoking a racial component but I think it's important to address in this situation. I hope I phrase this delicately and eloquently enough: but police violence as savage as what was seen there being done by 5 other black American cops (all who assuredly know better than most about the problems Black America and Police have together) to another black American makes no sense to me unless there is something else going on here that transcends this singular encounter with the MPD and this person. That looked like something you'd see in a Narcos Mexico episode where someone is cornered and ruthlessly beaten to death by dirty cops/cartel members for a reason.

In our modern smartphone, internet society still on the heels of George Floyd's murder and where we still remember mostly white LA cops beating Rodney King to death a few decades ago, you'd have to be dumber (and evil af clearly) than one could even fathom to be a white cop and actually participate in a beating of a black guy like that. Yes, [uck fay] what the race of any cop or citizen is in a situation like that. It shouldn't matter. Dirty, murdering cops are dirty and murderous cops no matter what the races involved are. However, reality makes it as such to where race is a part of the story in these situations. Just like the racial component would matter greatly to the overall story and optics of this situation if this was done at the hands of white cops, this being done to a black guy by a group of 5 black cops in itself deserves a closer examination and conversation.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2023
  11. doolmeonce

doolmeonce Member

Not gamg, but woman. Supposedly. A tragedy either way.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yep, that is an instance where its run or die.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

It looked like a targeted hit to me so I could see this. It looked personal. Brutal to watch.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If they could prove this it would change to premeditated first degree murder and they would go to death row.

15. Ssmiff

heard this rumor as well. Imo, one of them woulda yelled something about a woman or wife as they lost their minds.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hopefully an investigation gets to the bottom of it

zehr27 likes this.
  17. CardinalVol

One more officer fired, two Shelby co sheriff deputies in leave and 2 fire dept members on leave.

This is really bad.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

But it is about time. These nests of crooks needs to be exposed and convicted.

VolDad likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

Sounds like the Scorpion unit was basically a gang with badges.

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Definitely looking more and more like the rumors through the grapevine you always heard over the years about gangs having a heavy presence within MPD might actually be true