22-23 season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by KyleAlexanderfan, Sep 15, 2022.

1. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

He's just a cornbread eating country boy jock from Winchester that was never particularly brilliant who managed to become one of the most famous people in this entire state. Not that there's anything wrong with being from Winchester. Just saying Fulmer was and always has been a stubborn, prideful neck.

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

With that said, 1998 baby

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Sure sounds like you are implying something about Winchester and country boys.

SetVol13 likes this.
  4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Wife and I gew up in Franklin County and went to Franklin County HS with Bobby Majors, Phillip Fulmer and Bill Rudder.

We all did all right, despite some's perception of prideful neckness.

"Hold my beer."

IP likes this.
  5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

But Fulmer is a dumb, stubborn, country redneck from Winchester with a massive ego. These facts about him are not exactly a secret. Is what it is.

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Imply away I reckon? Both my entire extended country family members-all from and living in rural TN- and many great friends hailing from every corner of this state I made from the UT days would laugh at the implications here of my supposed implication about country folk.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
  7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And now he lives approximately 500 yards from me.

8. CardinalVol

And yeah. If I were Barnes and that happened I would probably have not given UT a chance to match. And it would be known through back channels why.

9. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Perhaps it was whispered to Barnes that Fulmer was not the long-term solution.

10. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Randy Boyd stepped in with his words and his wallet if I remember correctly. That had to have an effect on Barnes.

11. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

We'll probably be #3 today, but I wouldn't be surprised if we nudged really close to #2, if not overtake Houston for the spot.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

13. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

A-Smith likes this.
  14. CardinalVol

He did. He knew what he had and didn't want to lose it. He wants to win as much or more than any of us.

SetVol13 likes this.
  15. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Has any school ever been ranked #1 in football, basketball, and baseball in the same academic year? I can’t imagine it’s ever happened. I know Florida won the football and basketball natties in 06-07 but I don’t think they had a good baseball team that year.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

That’s 18 times in top 5 in last 5 years, which is more than the previous 7 decades.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Imagine that. UT has always been best athletically whenever they've had Presidents like Holt, Johnson, Boiling, and Boyd who fundamentally can both understand and give a hot damn about sports. A novel concept.

18. CardinalVol

Totally forgot about this but today at the gym I caught a few seconds of Pennington and ward discussing, and I am not kidding, “has Barnes finally gotten out of pearls shadow?”

While my bar for Pennington isn’t much higher than the average VN poster, even this blew my mind.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

They must be morons

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Pearlophilism might not be a pandemic any more but it’s still out there