POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Are they going to release the full video or their usual edited bullshit?

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Go Pfizer go! We will all forgive you for your role in knowingly poisoning the population with highly addictive opioids if you could just take out Project V!

VolDad likes this.
  3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lol, deflecting.

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

More like remembering. I don't give a [uck fay] about Project V.

5. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

So "remembering" replaces "deflecting" like "alternative facts" replaced "lies". Sounds legit.

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Wut

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Pfizer had a 2 billion dollar opioid settlement

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Has nothing to do with PV making a claim based on snippets of a conversation with someone who may not even exist.

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

*3.5 billion in total. A record fine that was still an insulting piss in the bucket for an ungodly powerful firm worth hundreds of billions of dollars such as Pfizer. Unforgivable what they did.

10. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

PV being a PoS outifit in other dealings matters, but Pfizer being a PoS in other dealing is irrelevant.

ole_orange likes this.
  11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yup. Except one of these two entities at discussion here has been exponentially more PoShitier than the other with an incalculable amount of blood on their hands. If we must all take sides as if this was sporting event, the team who has been infinitely more evil, menacing and destructive to our society doesn't exactly make me want to "cheer" for them over a small potatoes douchebag with a blatantly partisan political agenda secretly filming people who work for powerful ass, and sometimes out-right evil corporations like Pfizer. Not to say PV is trustworthy-cause they definitely aren't until they stop the editing crap and start playing full versions of these conversations published. But damn it is reallllyyyyy hard in good-faith to trust Pfizer based on the opioid BS alone, much less other evil shit they have done/are doing. But that's just me.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
  12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

To root for Pfizer just because it's getting attacked by a far right nut job activist group is sad.

HCKevinSteele and ole_orange like this.
  13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

As someone who lost a family member and close friend to the deadly and brutal trap of opioid addiction, it's forever [uck fay] Pfizer for me. Perhaps I'm being too personal and emotional here about Pfizer, but I care not. They have proven time and time again that they have no [dadgum] issue whatsoever pissing on your back and tell you it's raining. The overall shifting of attitudes of some regarding Big Pharma since Covid has been something else to observe. Evil [unt cay]s.

zehr27 likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Either the truth matters or it does not. I am arguing it does.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

And there it is again. Deflection. Value truth, don't do the gymnastics. The ends don't justify the means.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

What drug was it?

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Pfizer over the years has proven again and again they vehemently disagree with your assertion here.

zehr27 likes this.
  18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Deflecting.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

This illustrates one of the plagues of our time. Folks will give credence to lies if it hurts someone or something they don't like. They don't care if it is a lie.

Pfizer bad, so who cares what the truth is?

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Embeda (spelling?) was the one that got the ball rolling for my relative who was prescribed by a pill pushing "doctor" a shade over a decade ago or so during the peak of the Wild Wild West days when the folks in white lab coats and suits swore a drug such as that was not addictive. Which opened up the window for Oxys, Hydros, ect. (a HUGE FU to Purdue Pharma too) until he sadly OD'd a couple years later.

As for my bud's demise which happened much more recently, I couldn't tell you exactly what got him hooked originally tbh. Just know he got over prescribed after a routine wisdom tooth surgery and was never the same person until he OD'd not too long after. All those at Pharma companies responsible for purposefully pushing their respective version of those opioid pain killers they knew were highly addictive and dangerous all belong in the same special pit of hell as far as I am concerned.