POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

So if someone made something up about Putin you would be high on your horse hoping he would get justice?

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have said as much about the putin rumor about him shitting himself

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yeah I can't ever take up for an evil shit like him. Good for you.

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

What is this "truth" exactly you speak of that you want me to comprehend? By that logic can't you argue the same for PV for whenever they trickle out info that is true despite having a shady record themselves with "truth"?

It's not like I'm dying on a hill over here for PV. I've factually ascribed that PV is a partisan political hack org that peddles in using selectively edited video of undercover conversations with folks who work at powerful & important firms/organizations. Just saying of the two, I trust Pfizer even less than James O'Keefe and that one of the two is far more evil than the other. Am I incorrect?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

It isn't about picking one or the other. It's about believing the most true things as possible. Rejecting a lie isn't believing Pfizer, it is just rejecting a lie.

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

And you know with 100% certainty that Pfizer *DEFINITELY* is not lying and will never be proven down the road to be liars on what they have recently churned through the legacy media entities largely funded through their advertising cash in response to PV? I really really reallllllyyyyy hope you are right ultimately that Pfizer without a shadow of a doubt is not up to something sinister involving all this stuff. And just to be clear, I have not once endorsed the contents of the latest PV publishing as being representative of "truth". If anything I operate under the belief we won't know exactly who is being more truthful here for some time.

Ultimately my point is fully trusting Pfizer to always do the right, responsible and ethical thing is a level of faith in them that their egregious record of conduct over the years has caused me to not posses. These Pharma companies often are not our friends. The concept of desiring to "cheer"/"hope" for one of the proven mighty Titans of Medical Disinformation to successfully win a defamation lawsuit regarding medical defamation against an ultimately irrelevant, and independent partisan douchebag journalist like O'Keefe greatly escapes me. Forgive me that my contempt for how Big Pharma rolls far exceeds how PV conducts themselves.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
  7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

IP defending big pharma, wow, never thought I’d mark that space on my 8th Maxim bingo card.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm the forum wild card.

9. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Saying Project Veritas is a lying sack of shit organization and lying about Pfizer isn't necessarily support of Pfizer.

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Hopefully they are. If not, my goodness. I very much wish we had a reality where our Pharma companies society hugely relies on to medically advance the human experience did not evoke cynicism from many. Ideally I want to fully trust and believe in the Pfizers of the world. We need Big Pharma to be epitome of unquestionable moral ethics and excellence. But alas, we are talking about a company like Pfizer who has written the textbook on how to be a lying and destructive sack of shit organization. It's exponentially more Pfizer's own fault for the distrust and cynicism that follows them. Casting your frustration and blame about the existence of public distrust held by many towards "science"/"medicine" onto a small bean organization like PV is a mentality I can't buy into.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2023
  11. Unimane

Of course you can buy into it if they get it wrong.

Actually, I'll put it more like this. I don't know if Pfizer is lying about vaccines (In this case, I doubt they are, certainly to the extent suggested. But, possible.), but I'm sure PV is lying about how they're showing this as the "truth".

But, you can be pissed at organizations like PV if you take more than two seconds to consider the damage they do in their charades. Perhaps Pfizer is doing something untoward with their vaccines and this organization's hack job allows them to skate by? PV has just muddied the water with their usual tactics, among many other considerations (Many). How many people might not get a potentially beneficial vaccine if they buy (And people do) the misrepresentations? Pfizer being a shitty company isn't mutually exclusive to PV being one as well. They are both damaging and careless to the lives of others. PV is blasted on Fox News and elsewhere to millions every time they have a bullshit story. It isn't a "small bean" reach they possess when magnified the way the are.

12. Unimane

In the end, what am I supposed to care about here if Veritas is lying or creating a false narrative, as they always do?

13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Imagine how many more folks would have received a “potentially beneficial vaccine” had Big Pharma/Pfizer not raped and pillaged everyone the last 15/20 years by purposely getting millions and millions of us highly addicted to their poison “medicine”? Lots of those darn gullible Fox News viewers have every damn right to feel some type a way these days after what either themselves, their families and/or communities have endured because of Big Pharma. Whole towns were destroyed in some areas because of the sins of the greedy Pharma [unt cay]s.

As far as PV I’ve repeatedly affirmed their flawed-ness. Things like not playing the full unedited versions of these conversations so the public can better understand and judge these undercover conversations in full context for themselves pisses me off. However Pharma companies joyfully lying to viewers for years on essentially every MSM legacy program-most of which were/still are proudly “brought to you by Pfizer,ect”about how awesome and non addictive poison like opioids are makes you want to breathe hellfire in comparison. It’s not mutually exclusive. The scaling of the shitiness of each are highly disproportionate. Why should I care if poor ole helpless Pfizer has to now deal with a little more scrutiny here over all things Covid? If anything Pfizer having to fully prove both now and in perpetuity moving forward that the claims of nefarious and unethical Covid tinkering alleged by PV is what they swear to all of us it is: a conspiracy.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Man, I'm too old for these narratives. Fox News and conservatives called people hooked on pills junkies and said they were making bad choices. They still say that stuff for anything other than prescription pills. This directly relates to the vaccines and COVID policies, i.e. politics. Let's see conservatives put their money where their mouth is and decriminalize addiction-related problems. [uck fay]ing phony-ass talking points that deflect from reality and deeds.

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Gee, wonder who played a large role in influencing these phony ass media talking points surrounding BS opioid narratives?

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well you're showing that media. Stick it to 'em by marching along.

17. Unimane

My first remark on this yesterday:

"Saying Project Veritas is a lying sack of shit organization and lying about Pfizer isn't necessarily support of Pfizer."

I care more about PV in this specific scenario because they are lying to me and I know they are. They are lying to create a political narrative they want established and will be echoed throughout the right wing media complex. Their purpose isn't to inform, but to manipulate. I can reserve my dislike for Pfizer or any other pharmaceutical company as deserved and situationally, which they have justly earned. But, make no mistake, this has also caused damage. Scrutiny is fine. Lying is not.

And, no, Pfizer does not have to prove allegations by PV are a conspiracy. Those who make allegations are required to support their statements and they are scrutinized. Once found true, then it becomes incumbent upon the accused to respond.

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

K

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Congress can have a say about what Pfizer has to say regarding addressing these claims. A congressional subpoena and a civil defamation suit will be a piece of cake for a firm with the unlimited resources like Pfizer. Nobody gaslights THE gaslighters without paying the iron price. I welcome uncovering all the truth here.

20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Very interesting visualization of American identity politics using EC Presidential Election maps