22-23 season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by KyleAlexanderfan, Sep 15, 2022.

1. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

2. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

I like to think I hate all other SEC teams equally, but something about the [uck fay]ing gators man. Can’t wait stomp those little [itch bay]es tomorrow.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  3. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Having said that, I remember going to a high school basketball game this time last year and having a realization that the kids I was watching were mostly a year away from being on college campuses. They looked so young and it’s crazy to think in just one year I could be screaming at them on TV for something stupid. It all seems so silly at times. Anyways [uck fay] the gators.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

But if they're gators, they'll deserve it. It will be necessary.

Volsdude likes this.
  5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Very losable game tonight. They’ll be gunning for us and that place can be pretty hostile

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I expect 3-4 losses down the stretch. And people will freak out. Haven’t seen Florida play but we won’t be intimidated.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Florida is pretty good defensively and pretty bad offensively

8. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

We show up ice cold to any of these games and we can lose.

9. Ssmiff

Castleton is a player but we have experienced length to guard him we haven’t had before.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think we will be fine.

11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I am really hoping to keep regular season losses to only 2 more. 2 of: at Kentucky, at Auburn, at Florida at Texas A&M. I will be disappointed if we drop Auburn or Bama at home.

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I don’t think Auburn is that good. Should definitely beat them at home. Will be disappointed if we lose to Bama, but they’re capable. Really want to get the game @ Kentucky.

Tar Volon likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

We should beat auburn at home. Bama is just tough. They run the hell out of high pick and roll with spot ups in the corner, who we can’t leave to help on the pick and roll.
    I despise Quinnerly and now they have a lefty version with him.

14. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Just saw that Alabama Vanderbilt score. Dang

15. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

If we can get out of the Auburn, Bama, @ Kentucky, @A&M stretch 3-1 or better, we’re doing great. Lots of landmines right in a row. But if we do go 3-1, I sure hope A&M is the loss.

A-Smith likes this.
  16. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

If we want a 1 seed realistically we can only lose 2 games and if 1 of them is Bama may still not be enough.

Lundardi moved Kansas back in front of us after they knocked off Baylor Monday and bumped us down to a 2.

17. Ssmiff

Florida has lost 3 sec games by 8 points total. Should be a tight game

18. KyleAlexanderfan

Line was only -5 last I saw.

19. KyleAlexanderfan

Feels like we haven't actually played Castleton at his best yet. I remember him missing a game or 2 due to injury and think we shut him down 1-2 more games. Will be interesting to see if he shows up.

20. Ssmiff

Wonder if we will still start small. I worry about Olivier guarding him and getting a couple quick fouls. We can rotate Uros, Aidoo and Tobe on him and make it difficult