Random college football thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by zero-sum, May 9, 2015.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Oh boy, nothing would please me more than watching feeble old Saban absolutely lose his mind when Grantham starts emotional blitzing and giving up one 3rd and long after another.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

So fla had promised a 13 mil NIL deal to the qb, who now is committed to Arizona st and no nil agreement.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Basically, schools will be guilty until they prove themselves innocent with the NCAA enforcement goons if circumstantial evidence exists that a school violated rules on NIL. Other schools may report violating schools. Circumstantial evidence could be an article, social media source, or other report. The interview answer was vague not saying what would meet their standard of sufficient circumstantial evidence.

Completely jaded interpretation, btw.

A-Smith likes this.
  6. HCKevinSteele

Hello Mr. Infractions committee member, my name is Hosh Jeupel. I can personally attest that the parents of Alabama and Georgia players are receiving money, cars, jobs and housing that constitute NCAA violations. Please investigate.

A-Smith and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

The NCAA will be destroyed if they don't have solid evidence for something resulting in significant punishment.

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I don't think this will be their path forward for long unless they just don't follow this rule.

Some people don't like to hear this, but if you want to keep players from bouncing around colleges and whatnot, paying them has become the easiest path forward, imo.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Once again, I would tell the NCAA to stay the hell off my campus or get charged with trespassing. And then ignore/deny every damn ruling they come down with and sick an army of lawyers on them, that I can afford because of SEC TV money.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They know their days are numbered. It won't be long before they are no longer of any use.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Oh, another thing I'll note for those without access. The theoretical of someone starting a message board rumor aimed at getting a school in trouble was posed to the person being interviewed (VP of enforcement). That question generated this response:

Basically, we won't use that unless we feel like it.

IP likes this.
  12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This is just asking for a cigar chomping booster from somewhere in the SEC to officially end the NCAA when they try to drop the hammer because of him.

utvol0427 and IP like this.
  13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

You’d think a 9-0 US Supreme Court ass whooping would make them tread lightly.

CardinalVol, IP and NorrisAlan like this.
  14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Literally the ONE thing we can all agree on and the NCAA still tries to flex.

IP and justingroves like this.
  15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Who could have foreseen that the United States government frowns upon barring legal aged adults from profiting off of their labor? It is actually amazing they got away with their scam for as long as they did. You know you done [uck fay]ed up legally when you have the Sonia Sotomayor's and Clarence Thomas's of the world uniting against your blatant illegality.

16. HCKevinSteele

New world same as the old world. If they pop somebody with this absurd rule it’ll be a school like NC State or Kansas State for some minor thing while Kansas and Duke are breaking every rule that exists.

A-Smith and NorrisAlan like this.
  17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Bammer hiring Tommy Rees from ND is not exactly an intimidating hire. Was nowhere near Saban's 1st choice. The NFL guys he courted said "thanks but no thanks" ultimately. There were even rumors at the end of their OC search that Saban was considering Butch. That's how deep into the barrel he was having to scrape. It's almost like the word is out that it really sucks ass having to work under someone as insufferable as Saban.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am sure he was never considering Butch.

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It’s times like these when Fulmers pettiness is in demand

ole_orange likes this.
  20. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

In the end karma sure did bite us squarely in the ass over all that early 2000s Bammer drama, but it's still hilarious looking back at how willing Fulmer was to go out of his way just to screw with the University of Alabama.