POLITICS Random Political/Legal

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by fl0at_, Jun 7, 2021.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

It’s simply ironic and amusing that dems ran the all star game out of atlanta, then decide to have a convention there. Nothing else really needs to be said. You either see the stupidity and irony of it or you refuse to.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The games were moved because of the outrage over the new voting laws. The outrage came from the left. Warnock said he supported the MLB's decision to pull out of Atlanta. Of course he added some other bullshit so he could talk out of both sides of his mouth like worthless politicians like to do. Also if Biden puts his support behind having the DNC in Georgia our you going to call him out?

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Some people on this board are fully locked in with their cult so they will look past it.

VolDad likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

The goal posts are moving here.

It was said the same people and organizations who called for the MLB to move from Atlanta are now calling for the dnc to go to Atlanta. You're talking about Warnock supporting mlb's decision, which is not the same thing as calling for it and willfully discounting anything else he said as speaking out of both sides of his mouth.

It depends on what Biden says. I didn't think moving the game really made sense. I didn't call anyone out on it then either.

I am trying to find the same people calling for the game to move calling for the dnc to be in atlanta. This was supposed to be obvious. Literally everyone. Who? I am hearing a lot of vagueness, and seeing the word "support," never call.

Name names. Why is this hard? Did Stacey Abrams do both? Did kamala harris? Who?

What if it isn't the same exact people? What would that mean? If it doesn't change anything, doesn't make this all the performance gamesmanship you say is the problem?

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

You can't seriously be this stupid. The game moved because of the uproar caused by the left.

6. Ssmiff

people lean back and forth. There will always be a wide chasm until people on both sides are able to call out something or someone for what it is and not be skewed by who it is.

7. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

People who are, totally coincidentally, of the opposite political bent as you, no doubt.

I don't remember this boycott being some kind of organized effort, but rather scattered support for MLB's actions with a few Democratic officials making statements or expressing support for MLB's actions. I also don't remember some organized effort to make some kind of boycott in perpetuity. I'm sure Atlanta will host major events in the future with little hassle.

The point of the boycott at the time was to show displeasure with the recently passed voting laws. I'm quite certain the DNC isn't going to be mistaken in showing support for those laws.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm so [uck fay]ing dumb, I am asking who. Who? I was told "the same people" but nobody has a [dadgum] name?! Doesn't that kind of make you pause? Folks talk about being locked into a cult but can't support their packaged assertions at all.

Let's work backwards. Who is calling for the dnc to be in atlanta? I am not even sure there isn't one who did both, I just found it bizarre that it was an accepted fact it was all the same people when I can't think of even one.

I'm so [uck fay]ing dumb, expecting some kind of substantive basis for a claim. What a cultist I am. I should just agree and say "it's the same people, both sides, Gooble gobble."

Then I would be smart. And not expect an actual example.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are we talking about twitter accounts?

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Wrong. I vote for who I like. Not straight party.

11. Unimane

Some people on this board are fully locked in with their sanctimonious ideas of thinking they are some kind of referee, so they will look past the fact they are as full of shit as anyone else.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Did I make this claim? I am saying the game moved because of a party throwing a fit then when said fit cost their voters money they decided it kind of sucked but its good for people to speak out against voting suppression but not really because they would really like the revenue for their voters.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I knew that post would smoke out an idiot like you.

14. Unimane

Good for you, I vote for who I like, too. But, you don't ever call out the right wingers on the board, yet can always be counted on to white knight for Trump whenever he's mentioned. I don't care that you are solid right in your views, just that you pretend you are some kind of uniquely fair arbiter over others in the matter.

As I stated above, you are as full of shit as anyone else on this board but, like Ssmiff, also seem to affix yourself as some kind of person above the fray who can tell people they are in a "cult" or whatever dumbass "teams" or "both sides" stuff you're pitching. I can respect the idea of having an opinion on stuff, but I give a huge online roll of the eyes when you all start placing yourselves on this pedestal.

15. Unimane

Oh, you're always the smartest person in the room, you [uck fay]ing schmuck.

16. Ssmiff

judas [uck fay]ing priest.
    I don’t see any white knighting of trump. I see a group who doesn’t want him to even run. A group who hasn’t voted down party lines for almost 3 decades like you.
    I will always give my opinion. Label it as you wish. Above the fray, on a pedastal, in an ass, or whatever bullshit you wanna spew.

I think it’s amusing with this whole all star game bs and now this DNC stuff. That’s it. That’s all I’ve said in this thread for a bit.
    And look what you turn it into. Took the personal callout route. Same shit. Different day. Angry and intolerant left unable to see what’s right in front of them.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

What right wingers on the board should I be calling out? The rest of what you said is just you talking like the moron you always are. I go with what I feel is right and always have and can have my mind changed as well. Norris has said multiple times on here that the parties are cult like, is he above everyone?

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

I remember calls from within the entertainment industry to boycott Georgia but it didn't go anywhere

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Okay, where can I read about the party throwing a fit to move the game?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Honestly, he is above most of us, ya.

SetVol13 likes this.