22-23 season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by KyleAlexanderfan, Sep 15, 2022.

1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Florida finished the game on a 29-10 run after starting the game on a 17-4 run.

That's 46-14 for the opening 10 minutes and the last 10 minutes. To this average Florida team.

This was a really, really, really bad loss. Embarrassing even.

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Well that stunk butt. Onto the next one. Beating Auburn Saturday is now a must.

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Gave up two 13-0 runs. Just awful.

We’re dominant about 80% of the time, but churning out a stinker every five games doesn’t cut it in the postseason. Every time I think the offense has it figured out, they have a game like this.

4. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

That 13-0 run by UF after we went up 46-41 was disgusting. Game was over after that run.

justingroves likes this.
  5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Also every team we play seemingly shoots like 90% from the free throw line.

6. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

I won’t. I never do during the tournament. This sport isn’t made to be a one and you’re done type tournament. Secret is taking a really team to the tournament year after year and hoping things fall your way once every decade.

Look at all the great teams Calipari has taken to the tournament and he’s got one championship. One. That’s crazy. If the tournament was a best of 3 or 5, Cal would have multiple championships, but this tournament isn’t set up for the favorites. It’s set up for the fans.

Tar Volon likes this.
  7. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Well, that sucked.

I hate losing anything to Uf.

8. Tar Volon

There is no reason this team can’t get hot for three weeks and win a natty. Also no reason they can’t lose by double-digits to a 10-seed on the opening weekend. We’re good at a lot of things, and overwhelming when the shots are dropping. But when they aren’t…

After Florida and Kentucky, I am a bit concerned about handling longer teams. Alabama will be a huge test in that regard.

ole_orange and OneForVol like this.
  9. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

Yep. It seems that way.

10. Tar Volon

Sucks to be virtually out of the running for the title at this point. We went 7-2 in the easy part of the schedule. Going to need to improve noticeably to get to 14-4. And 14-4 is not winning a league where Alabama is sitting there at 9-0.

11. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Must win the next 2.

12. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Bama has a team which is long and can score. I just don't like our chances against them at all.

We're going to roll to about 25-6 or 24-7, then come into the tourney as a 3 seed. I've seen this story.

justingroves likes this.
  13. KyleAlexanderfan

Auburn put up 94 tonight despite their offensive struggles.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Santi, key and JJJ 4-26

15. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

JJJ had one of his worst-if not the singular worst night-shooting I've ever seen him have. Like a lid was on the basket each time he put one up. He needs to just shake it off and keep that knee healthy.

Starting to wonder if Key is ever going to make a 3 again as well. So far his game on offense has been disappointing based on my expectations I had for him when he transferred.

Santi is Santi. He had the best of these three (not saying much), just wasn't his night from deep. Which sucks bc I really thought it was a good omen when he drained his 1st three he put up tonight, but alas. I'd like to think he's not about to start another slump like he goes through occasionally. Hopefully playing at home next where he shoots better historically will help prevent one of his cold streaks from happening.

16. KyleAlexanderfan

Key can hit the bench. Play Edwards or Mashack more. We don’t need to play guys who aren’t athletic and can’t shoot. He has to be able to be one or the other.

OneForVol, A-Smith and ole_orange like this.
  17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

You really do have to wonder what exactly does Key bring to the table if he can't actually ever make a damn 3

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Really glad I went with my gut feeling to not even check in to see how this game was going.

IP likes this.
  19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

To be blunt, our casual hoops fans suck ass. Twitter is obnoxious. “This is Barnes. The Barnes effect. No other teams have these types of games…”. [uck fay]ing idiots. Every team struggles when 2 leading scorers go 4/24.
    Literally the most uneducated group of fans following a sport, by a mile. It’s as if they can’t wait to lose to come out of the woods with the same tired bullshit, with a top 10 team that’s 18-4. Makes the ride miserable. Like a kid in the back seat [itch bay]ing the whole way on a road trip talking about how bad vacation is gonna suck. We are ahead of pace of every preseason prediction.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

there’s a lot of likes to be gotten on Twitter by hating things, doesn’t matter what. from movies to tv shows to sports. it doesn’t have much to do with whether it’s bad a lot of the time

Tar Volon and SetVol13 like this.