22-23 season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by KyleAlexanderfan, Sep 15, 2022.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I would just like less bipolar insanity. Drives me nuts.

Ssmiff likes this.
  2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Expectations are bad too I take it.

3. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

But it’s not even the opponents getting hot, or us turning the ball over like crazy, or anything like that. It’s us going ice cold from the floor. That’s the only one (in fairness, getting crushed on the glass was a big factor against Kentucky)

SetVol13 likes this.
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Think about it this way: if the knock on Barnes is lackluster postseasons, then what are people reacting to right now? They said the season doesn't matter. I'll criticize Barnes when the criticism is ripe. Not when we are hanging around the top 10 in February.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Buddy, you need to find a new team to support if you want that. It's what 98% of our fan base is.

VOLinDAWGland, MaconVol and IP like this.
  6. JohnnyQuickkick

It’s probably everywhere. Pretty much everyone other than me is stupid.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Looking back:
    -Loyola. We didn’t shoot poorly. We made more 2’s and 3’s than they did. Slightly less % but shot more. We were outshot by 10 at the ft line. Due to the nun of course
    -Purdue. We shot 50% from the field and 3. Their 2 guards put up 24 3s and made 12 with Cline unconcious.
    -Ore st just whipped us. Can’t recall but seems they came in hot and went on an ncaa run after slow start to their season. We were cold but got whipped all over the court.
    -Michigan we go 2-18 from 3 as their 7 footer goes 3-6.

We have limited post game and don’t have slashers who can finish so we have to shoot and make 3s. Or we are gonna lose.

8. Ssmiff

I don’t know what he’s talking about. Expectations were #1 seed 48 hours ago. Unrealistic is thinking every college team is immune to off nights. We jumped from 9 to 2 because everybody lost ahead of us.

9. CardinalVol

I am of the opinion that about half our fan base wants to lose so they can be mad.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  10. JohnnyQuickkick

Or right

ole_orange, SetVol13 and IP like this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I've been wondering that. I swear some people didn't know what to do and almost seemed listless when Heupel started his big game hunt last season. What do you do in October when there is nothing to complain about?

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

[​IMG]

13. CardinalVol

I'm not saying this team is perfect - they aren't. Lord, they have weaknesses. I saw them in person a couple of weeks ago. Pretty much every team does. But they are a legitimate contender in every sense of the word.

Tar Volon likes this.
  14. Ssmiff

not far fetched. Look at twitter and message boards after losses compared to wins. And reminder of how they “called it 4 months ago.”

15. JohnnyQuickkick

The biggest problem is they don’t have a Grant Williams or Kennedy Chandler who can just say “F it I’m getting us a bucket.”

A-Smith likes this.
  16. JohnnyQuickkick

Honest to god Nkamouah probably has that ability but I have no idea what goes on in that brain of his

SetVol13 likes this.
  17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Oh I’m not talking about all throughout UT history. Or even Barnes history. I’m talking about post-Grant/Admiral, since which our calling card has been “good D, offense sometimes disappears.” And this season’s losses have fit that profile (with the exception of Arizona), which is why they’re giving everyone nightmares of Michigan (or Oregon State, if that hasn’t been entirely excised from our brains by now)

18. CardinalVol

Someone said he is either a lottery pick or the last guy off the bench in church league. No in-between.

I still don't get why Phillips can't turn it on consistently.

19. Ssmiff

Phillips should be able to. I don’t know where he played HS ball but he’s very raw. Limited ballhandling skills and not the best hands. He has very little composure when attacking the rim.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

Phillips just isn’t as strong as the guys he’s up against a lot of the time.