22-23 season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by KyleAlexanderfan, Sep 15, 2022.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

If you'll note, I haven't criticized Barnes at all at least in the last several months if not well over a year, and I'm not one to not criticize.

Edit: autocorrect

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
    A-Smith and IP like this.
  2. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Phillips was also not the man on his high school team, one of those loaded academies. He's not the type, it seems, to be able to take over.

As I said, this is a good team. We'll have a solid record. I just don't feel like this is the one to break through the ceiling for Barnes. They have some pretty big deficiencies and I think our vaunted defense isn't quite the all-timer its stats suggest. We've played some pretty meek offenses thus far and good big men will wreak havoc on our interior guys. The offensive dry spells, though, jeez. Those are, and will be, killers.

It's crazy, though. I enjoy the ride with Barnes' teams, but they seem to end up in largely the same place. I don't see why it wouldn't be the same this year.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I was just going thru the 4 ncaa losses. People say looks like same Barnes loss when actually we lost those 4 games in 4 different ways. 2 of them we hit 21/44 from 3.

4. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

It is nice, though, to be frustrated with our Tourney performance rather than pizzed that we aren't good enuff to get an invite.

Baseball and basketball tournaments are a fickle [itch bay]

5. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If you want Barnes gone you're stupid. But I love criticizing coaches and will not let Smiff or IP or Satan steal my joy.

IP and Ssmiff like this.
  6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

In fairness to our struggles, it seems like every team in the field this year is fatally flawed in their own unique ways. There's really not one team that feels heads and shoulders better than everyone else. Any team seeded 1-7 that gets hot in a few weeks could end up making a serious run at the title with the right matchups and a little luck. Nothing more unpredictable than March. Hell, that Cuonzo bubble team in 2014- that got hot at the right time and lucked out by Duke suffering one of the worst upsets in NCAA history-were a BS offensive foul call on Stokes in the Sweet 16 away from potentially cutting down some nets.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I still will forever think in many ways the Toyota of Chicago loss was actually worse than the Sweet 16 Purdue defeat just because of how the Red Sea parted in the region we were in. We would have had the easiest Sweet 16 and Elite 8 games ever had Loyola's last shot not defied God's law of physics because their evil nun made an arrangement with Satan.

justingroves and Tar Volon like this.
  8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I mean I’m not sure anybody thought that elite 8 team would be the one to get that far. Sometimes shit happens. Or the bracket opens up. I still believe if you get there enough times eventually you’ll roll doubles.

justingroves, OneForVol and Tar Volon like this.
  9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

We never should have even allowed Toyota into Chicago. What about American jobs???

justingroves and ole_orange like this.
  10. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Because surely we could never face an 8-seed in the Sweet Sixteen for the right to play 7-seeded Tulsa in the Elite Eight

Cries

11. Ssmiff

shot was short and player was fading right with Bone in his face. Miss it there 1000 times and 999 of them bounce off the rim and maybe right side of backboard before coming down nowhere close to going in or even hitting the rim again.
    1 time it’s going to spin off the rim, hit almost the top of the right side of the backboard, then spin back the other way and go in, and of course it’s us.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

That could have been the UTAD motto for the last 20 years.

13. Ssmiff

Tn L is the 10th time a top 2 team has lost this year.

14. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Offense has carried over from the UF game.

15. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

We're in our own heads now on offense. And, our interior defense continues to be ripe for any decent big to exploit.

Poppa T likes this.
  16. Ssmiff

Think we should go back to starters and rotation we had when we were playing our best.

OneForVol likes this.
  17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I’ve seen this script before.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Still wish we could get the pullovers the staff is wearing though.

19. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

Man we’re tough to watch on offense sometimes.

20. Ssmiff

We have to go to more high ball pick.