22-23 season

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by KyleAlexanderfan, Sep 15, 2022.

1. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

Broome also got away with a moving screen on Zeigler before the final shot.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I meant to look but if you have the replay, JJJ somehow after he passed it ended up on his butt. I assumed it was Auburn trying to foul.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

My brother in Christ was also 2-10 from the floor.

5. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Meh. A very big guy makes contact up high on a very small guy when he’s in the air and you’re gonna get an awkward landing. Foul or no foul that’s just the facts.

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I liked how Ron Slay described it earlier: his over-selling there with the jack-knife flailing greatly diminished his chances of landing that call. Had he not obnoxiously and unnaturally kicked his legs out immediately trying to desperately wrap them around O upon releasing his shot he may very well get the foul call there. However much of his energy expensed there had nothing to do with his natural shooting form. These refs-for all their faults in general-typically don't reward blatant desperation.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

They probably didn’t help their cause with 40 minutes of incessant flopping & whining either

8. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Indeed. The culture of ref [itch bay]ing has always been one of several Achilles heels of Pearl coached teams. As we see first hand with Uros, your reputation influences the eyeballs of officials.

9. Ssmiff

They called ZZ for a foul and it was a leg kick. Think in the back of their head they weren’t giving him another on, especially after he got a T for a flop. Probably called if not for those factored in.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

Uros needs to go straight into WWE or whatever they’re calling it now

11. Ssmiff

TN 2-1 vs current top 10 with only loss at Zona. Chance to go 3-1 if we beat bama.

12. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

So Will Warren took a look at the 15 teams in the last 15 years who eventually got top three seeds despite being ranked outside the top 50 in offensive efficiency at the start of February.

Four went out on the first weekend, six made the Elite Eight. Nobody won the title, though one (Texas Tech) made the title game.

Also apparently the last two games were two of seven worst-shooting conference games in the last twenty years, so that’s fun. Key is in a funk, and Zeigler and Nkamhoua’s shot selection has been trash. And JJJ pulls out the 4/5 from two, 1/7 from three because why not.

https://statsbywill.substack.com/p/inarticulate-yelling?r=hiole&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Key needs to figure it out. I get that he was apparently a little hurt last game.

14. Ssmiff

In HS and college, Key wasn’t used to NBA length and athleticism. He’s not quick laterally and can’t really elevate. Needs to spot up on kick outs and post up. If we don’t have an inside game for him to spot up when they double, he’s going to struggle.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Key looks like he belongs in a men's 30 and up church league, not the SEC.

16. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

He should be money on open 3 looks.

17. Ssmiff

just not getting as many as teams won’t double the post and scouting report says make him drive. Ky started that trend.

18. Ssmiff

Anybody going to that shithole arena tomorrow night? Buy you a beer before if so

19. JohnnyQuickkick

Nah. I used to be able to go to Nashville or Atlanta or Cincinnati midweek and then roll the next day like normal but those days are gone

OneForVol likes this.
  20. atlvol1

atlvol1 Member

Hopefully it's just a funk that they can snap out of but it feels like maybe the scouting report is out on them. Feels a little ridiculous to say about a top ten ranked team but the offense has been horrid the last couple of games.